Text notification of charge complete not working

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allergyking

I am trying to be a courteous user at my workplace and move my car when it is done charging. I tried to setup the text notification to inform me of when this happens. To no avail thus far.

I have ok'd all text prompts on website portal, consent to texts, enter my number, mobile, carrier info (Verizon).

Any ideas or known issues?

Thanks,

2015 SL

allergyking said:
I am trying to be a courteous user at my workplace and move my car when it is done charging. I tried to setup the text notification to inform me of when this happens. To no avail thus far.

I have ok'd all text prompts on website portal, consent to texts, enter my number, mobile, carrier info (Verizon).

Thanks,

2015 SL

possible issue is that when the main charging is done, the lights remain on for a long time like over an hour likely to do some final balancing. Realistically, you should get a general time line of how much charge you need and unplug it yourself.

if you are not getting home at VLB, there is little need to get a full charge and guessing you are not

mwalsh said:
In my 2011, the text notification is immediate, charging lights lit or not. Same with an unplug before charging is complete. Is the 2015 different in this respect?

in my 2011, the lights stayed on for a short time but stopped blinking as soon as the charging was complete. my 2013 is COMPLETELY different as the lights continue to blink for at least an hour after the essential charging is done. granted its tough to determine how long this phase of the "charging" lasts but its easily over an hour

allergyking said:

Thanks,

2015 SL

You have a 2015..and must be a "new" user...so the question is: has CarWings EVER worked? If not, you need to have the dealer activate it in the car. It's not enough just to have your portal/sign-on activated; there are settings in the car as well.

Stanton said:
allergyking said:

Thanks,

2015 SL

You have a 2015..and must be a "new" user...so the question is: has CarWings EVER worked? If not, you need to have the dealer activate it in the car. It's not enough just to have your portal/sign-on activated; there are settings in the car as well.

I am able to log into app on my phone and check charge status and turn on climate control. Is that indicative of CarWings working? Please advise, thanks!!!

I have a 2015 as well, and have never gotten the charge complete text either. I wanted to do the same thing at work - we have free 220v chargers at most of our buildings now. The only texts I get are when climate control goes on and off. I turned all notifications on in the app, and what I could find in the car as well.

Luckily, there are more than enough chargers in my building for the amount of EV's - other buildings that is not the case.

I am definitely interested to hear if someone is able to fix this.

Back