Test my OpenEVSE FW Ver 1.6.2 with RTC and Delay Timers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The easiest thing to do is load the hex file with CLI disabled with AVRDUDE. I can do this for you on Saturday if you need me to.

At this point, the only way I know to use my TinyISP programmer
is with the 0023 version of the Sketch Compiler, where I can check
the source to see what compile-time flags are enabled/disabled.

I did not get to trying to compile from the ".ion" file yesterday,
but I do intend to try that today (by just renaming the file).

But, I would like to see how to save a hex file, and
then just write it later to the OpenEVSE Plus.

Thanks,Glenn, for continuing to be a great help. :D

I downloaded the ZIP that has the 1.6.2 by GoldServe.

Renaming the ".ino" to ".pde", and getting it in a properly
named folder, my Arduino v0023 compiled it OK.

However, when I un-defined the SERIALCLI, the compile
saying that g_CLI was undefined in at least two places.

So, what needs to be done to compile this without the CLI?

Does it work reliably with the CLI, or is it still "flakey"?

Thanks, Gary

Download the latest in the repository again. I just synced some changes I had sitting in my computer that I forgot. It will fix your problems.

Thanks, this weems to be much better. :D

I enabled the Button on the RGB LCD Shield,
and checked that the CLI was off.

Another version 1.6.2, ... but hard to tell which code
any given person has loaded on their OpenEVSE.

So, I added a REVSTR (= "GG01") defined right
under the VERSTR definition, and made the
LCD "Version 1.6.2 " line say "v1.6.2 Rev GG01 "
instead, with both lines being 16 characters long.

I also added the "Rev GG01" output to
the CLI version-line output, the only
other place where VERSTR was used.

Now, at about 25700 bytes, it seems to work well
with the EV Simulator, but I have not yet tried it
with the full EVSE hardware, or with the RTC chip.

I downloaded the most recent version, and updated the library as well for LiquidTWI2...

I am getting compile time errors now, looks like there is a mismatch on the # of arguments now.

Trying to compile the version with the time of day support from here:
https://github.com/goldserve/openevse_rtc/tree/774ed81072b2ce879f74e6614bc30aab436e383b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and also updated the “LiquidTWI2” library as well from here:
https://github.com/lincomatic/LiquidTWI2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are the errors:

S:\Arduino-1.0\arduino-1.0\libraries\Wire/utility/twi.h: In member function 'void LiquidTWI2::begin(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
S:\Arduino-1.0\arduino-1.0\libraries\Wire/utility/twi.h:44: error: too many arguments to function 'uint8_t twi_writeTo(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t, uint8_t)'
S:\Arduino-1.0\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidTWI2\LiquidTWI2.cpp:198: error: at this point in file

These cheap real time clocks are all over Ebay shipped from China for less than $3.

Mine arrived today and I tried it with the Goldserve delay timer. It works fine. I have discovered the schematic and I am including it.
To use a CR2032 instead of the rechargeable battery remove r4 and r5 and short r6

ds1307_zpsda3b8d03.jpg

The higher precision DS3231 RTC sells on eBay from China for about $6 with shipping. Same chip as Adafruit's ChronoDot. I2C and comes with CR927 lithium battery.

$(KGrHqR,!p!FCwnknL((BQ5GK03UTw~~60_12.JPG

mitch672 said:
I downloaded the most recent version, and updated the library as well for LiquidTWI2...

I am getting compile time errors now, looks like there is a mismatch on the # of arguments now.

Trying to compile the version with the time of day support from here:
https://github.com/goldserve/openevse_rtc/tree/774ed81072b2ce879f74e6614bc30aab436e383b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and also updated the “LiquidTWI2” library as well from here:
https://github.com/lincomatic/LiquidTWI2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here are the errors:

S:\Arduino-1.0\arduino-1.0\libraries\Wire/utility/twi.h: In member function 'void LiquidTWI2::begin(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
S:\Arduino-1.0\arduino-1.0\libraries\Wire/utility/twi.h:44: error: too many arguments to function 'uint8_t twi_writeTo(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t, uint8_t)'
S:\Arduino-1.0\arduino-1.0\libraries\LiquidTWI2\LiquidTWI2.cpp:198: error: at this point in file

Try using Arduino ERW 1.0.3 to compile. Your built in libraries might be out of date.

Back