Taking the Leaf into service before warranty expires next we

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillaWhat

Taking my Leaf in for service before my warranty expires

Well I had the "window going up and down glacially in cold weather" issue, and I took it to the dealer who ordered me new window rubber under warranty.

When I set up the appointment to have it installed, I realized I was withinn a week of my warranty expiring.

Having kept up on here with some of the service problems people were experiencing , I figured I had better have the dealer check this out pretty thoughoughly or I would be paying the bills next month.

Aside from the window rubber, and based purely on what I had read on here, I told him that I heard clunking from the front going over bumps ( I didn't), so could he please check the struts, and clicking noises on starting and stopping ( I didn't), so could he please check the cv joints.

Well, thank you guys. They found the drivers side strut leaking (that makes both of them now), and there was a service thingy for the cv joints that sounds like putting heavy grease in there so we don't know the cv joints are clicking :)

The other little things were a piece of trim had popped in the right rear door interior and the covers on my rear cargo carrier (home to my EVSE upgrade, 120 inverter, and #12 x 100' extension cord) are warping (ordered with the car). We will see if they cover that one ?

I guess my message is that if your warranty is expiring, take it in and get it checked out.

I also had briefly seen the dreaded exclamation point warning and asked them to check the codes. They said the codes were clear ??

I had read on here that the emergency brake controller was subject to corrosion and failure, and replacement was about $2800.? So, I took the plunge and bought a 5 year 75k mile extended warranty through USAA for about $1100.00

At least I trust them, and $220 a year seemed reasonable.

I'll let you know if they replace my cargo carrier lids. :D

I love my dealer!
(words I never thought I'd say)

New strut, new window track, fixed the molding and the total cost was a big $0
They even covered the Rear Cargo holder; replaced the whole thing!

I'm just too used to dealers telling me why they CAN'T do things, no matter how it doesn't make sense.
My dealer just "takes care of it"

And with all the stuff that doesn't belong on my car clearly visible under the hood, if they needed a reason to deny something, they could have found it.

Loughead Nissan
Swarthmore, PA

Gotta Love em!

Oh, a P.S.
And they did it all in under 24 hours.
Dropped it off at noon and they had no Idea what my concerns were;
Diagnosed, parts ordered, and installed.
Picked it up at 11:00 am the next day.

Back