Taking delivery today - DFW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mnmb said:
Are there any tips on reducing the amount of sound from the speakers that leaks outside the car? The hands-free call audio is extremely audible even with the windows closed. You can't hear the person that is in the car speaking, but you can hear the person on the other end of the call very well.

One thing I have noticed with the Leaf is that Nissan seems to have skimped on the soundproofing, for cost and possibly weight reduction as well. They probably figured that being an electric, there is no petroleum-powered engine to have to insulate you from. But that means other sounds creep into the cabin as well as the speakers broadcasting your musical tastes to the outside world :lol:

You could take it into a stereo shop and ask them to apply soundproofing material to the insides of the doors. They often do this on very powerful stereos to keep the sheetmetal from vibrating with the bass and making it sound like a crappy 1980's boombox. But you may not want to spend that kind of money on a car you will be giving back in a few years.

I noticed the soundproofing too. My newly acquired used Leaf is as quiet as expected. I just hear everyone else's noise. I thought maybe a window cracked open or had air leak, but nothing there. It just does not have many barriers to sounds.

Back