Tail Light Question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pyrotech

I just noticed that my 3 month old Leaf has no tail lights on the left side. I checked the owner's manual and found the location of 3 fuse boxes. Inspecting them, I saw nothing called tail lights or anything remotely close. If anyone knows where that fuse is located please let me know.
The last thing I want to do is waste a day at the dealer for a fuse. Now if it isn't a fuse, I guess that would be worth a trip to the dealer.
Thanks

Well....even if it is a fuse, there must be an electrical problem in order for the fuse to blow. If you do find the blown fuse, it will probably blow again if you replace it.

IMHO, Take it to the dealer.

I took her into the Dealer today. The fuses were fine, a connector in the tail light had a bad crimp. I would have never had thought of that, so kudos to Lithia Nissan of Medford.
By chance, there was a firmware update, #P3259, they put in. I swear I got better mileage on the way home, but time will tell.

just an FYI You can get weak fuses, when it comes to blown fuses in an auto, I say replace it, if it blows a second time then more needs to be looked into, first pull the affected light assembly out and look at the wires there, this will usualy be where the fualt is. failing that if you don't have the tools/skill take it to the dealer, if you do brew a pot of strong coffee and sit down for the long hual!

Back