Surveys

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brightonuk

Anyone else getting surveys?

I got two yesterday and two today from four separate companies two with prizes (I filled those out) two "with thanks" (I tossed those two)
and I remember getting one a week after I picked up my Leaf

My opinion has never been so.........................??

+1 these seem to be coming out of the woodwork, yesterday got one from RDA Group with 'prizes'; as they offered an online version filled that one out; still didn't allow for the fact that the LEAF doesn't use gas, but allowed write-in responses on some so did that; then Friday, one from Population Research Systems which was a joke, postpaid return but clueless that it was a fully electric vehicle so ripped that one up -- 8 pages, some similar questions. Earlier last week had another from Maritz which had sponsored in-person paid discussions in the past (quite convenient and local to me) so filled that one out and lastly the biggie, J D Power but that was a while back probably within a month of taking delivery so did that one. I also had follow up's from Nissan themselves on the dealer experience and the car itself -- mostly positive, dealer service has been simply great, could improve the sales experience but once the deal was done you don't really have an issue after the fact. No question that we'll get lots of these, more so than just a mainstream new car purchase IMO as it's an EV. The clueless part is that (many not all) these research outfits haven't modified their canned surveys in reference to the fact that the LEAF isn't a hybrid but rather fully electric and the answers (in the multiple choice stuff especially) don't apply. I've given the LEAF very high marks as we've been quite pleased with it --- could it use some improvement sure, but it hasn't disappointed us one bit yet so we're pretty pleased with it -- when these surveys are quick to complete (online) and stay away from too many personal questions I'll fill them out -- when they don't and are clueless I won't.

i dont do third-party surveys for free, but I make an exception for consumer reports.
I have done the nissan surveys and from blink.

these are profit-making entities and they want my time for free.
i dont think i am going to take part in that sort of thing.

thankyouOB said:
these are profit-making entities and they want my time for free.
i dont think i am going to take part in that sort of thing.
+1

And, 'A chance to win.........' doesn't cut it either.

Tried the Nissan online survey yesterday. About 2/3 through there was a question which I didn't wish to answer. It threw up a huge red box demanding that I go back and answer the question. Whatever. Goodbye.

Agreed. Any of the others - and I seem to average a couple a week - get tossed. The "Chance To Win" enticements are also worthless to me.
thankyouOB said:
I don't do third-party surveys for free, but I make an exception for consumer reports.
I also do the Nissan and Blink surveys.

+1

I'm surveyed out. If anyone has any meaningful questions about my opinions or experience I'm happy to speak with them, but I'm done filling in these "six pages of bubbles" things.

I completed one from Nissan to help out my salesman at the dealership. I ran out of steam trying to complete the one from Maritz Research (9 pages of bubbles), and then yesterday got a similar one from Population Research Systems) (8 pages).

i think solidarity around being recompensed for our time and our willingness to be Betas is appropriate.
Albeit, I want to do everything I can to encourage development of EVs, I know that the survey companies are being very well paid to run these survey programs. I do not want to feel exploited by them as they mine my data and brain.
I could use some trickle down from the 1% in addition to the rebates.
I dont mind answering blink surveys, as that was part of the deal, and I want to encourage Nissan. So, I do those for free.
But anonymous third-party surveys go in the trash.
They should at least offer me a US Grant or an Old Hickory for my time.

While my time is very valuable, I've been doing most of these surveys since there are so few EV drivers out there (especially away from the West Coast) that my responses carry MUCH more weight than in most surveys...

redLEAF said:
+1 these seem to be coming out of the woodwork, yesterday got one from RDA Group with 'prizes'; as they offered an online version filled that one out; still didn't allow for the fact that the LEAF doesn't use gas, but allowed write-in responses on some so did that; then Friday, one from Population Research Systems which was a joke, postpaid return but clueless that it was a fully electric vehicle so ripped that one up -- 8 pages, some similar questions. Earlier last week had another from Maritz which had sponsored in-person paid discussions in the past (quite convenient and local to me) so filled that one out and lastly the biggie, J D Power but that was a while back probably within a month of taking delivery so did that one. I also had follow up's from Nissan themselves on the dealer experience and the car itself -- mostly positive, dealer service has been simply great, could improve the sales experience but once the deal was done you don't really have an issue after the fact. No question that we'll get lots of these, more so than just a mainstream new car purchase IMO as it's an EV. The clueless part is that (many not all) these research outfits haven't modified their canned surveys in reference to the fact that the LEAF isn't a hybrid but rather fully electric and the answers (in the multiple choice stuff especially) don't apply. I've given the LEAF very high marks as we've been quite pleased with it --- could it use some improvement sure, but it hasn't disappointed us one bit yet so we're pretty pleased with it -- when these surveys are quick to complete (online) and stay away from too many personal questions I'll fill them out -- when they don't and are clueless I won't.

As this went to two pages ... just a follow up that I just got a second survey from J D Powers that even says its a follow up as we should have some miles on the car, several pages to list what went wrong (nothing, so easy to pass over) and what we like about it -- most positive for us is vehicle quietness and power; while no sports car it doesn't have a smooth and decently quick acceleration so we gave high marks for that. They included a fresh dollar bill -- J D surveys have some high visibility versus others so I completed it --

I rarely get surveys about the leaf, maybe gotten 2 or 3 in 9 months of ownership. It seems they target california people quite a bit. In texas, I guess the EV climate is quite different (or us rare people are fanatical in their opinion). Oh wells, the miss out on potential opinions.

I got a little testy yesterday regarding one of the Nissan surveys. That was the one that threw up a giant red box demanding I go back and not skip a question. So I didn't complete it.

Then I ended up with at least TWO "reminders about the recent survey link we sent you". Arghhh. Not only disrespecting my choice to not answer a question, but then basically dunning me as if I've got some kind of obligation here. I shot back "stop pestering me" and was rather surprised to hear back from a real person.

Unfortunately it was merely to point out that there was an "unsubscribe" link. Arggggh! So not only disrespecting me with the survey, AND the reminders, but now suggesting I'm not capable of understanding what I read.

I would like to get informative but not obnoxious emails. Too much to ask?

Nubo said:
I got a little testy yesterday regarding one of the Nissan surveys. That was the one that threw up a giant red box demanding I go back and not skip a question. So I didn't complete it.

Then I ended up with at least TWO "reminders about the recent survey link we sent you". Arghhh. Not only disrespecting my choice to not answer a question, but then basically dunning me as if I've got some kind of obligation here. I shot back "stop pestering me" and was rather surprised to hear back from a real person.

Unfortunately it was merely to point out that there was an "unsubscribe" link. Arggggh! So not only disrespecting me with the survey, AND the reminders, but now suggesting I'm not capable of understanding what I read.

I would like to get informative but not obnoxious emails. Too much to ask?

Oh yeah, I got a few of those "reminders" also. I've done the Ecotality and the Nissan official surveys .. and did them straight up. Mentioned this forum in as many places as possible as a reference to the various "not happy" check-marks I did.

As for the others, I usually change my sex to female, my race is sometimes Afro, sometimes Latino, sometimes Asian (I don't think we are allowed to say "Oriental" anymore) and some I just write in "multi-racial". On the age questions I range between the lowest age I've seen (18) and the oldest year born being 1901. Salary range is a good one as I almost always plug in "10,000 or less" as the yearly income although sometimes if I am a Native American Woman who is 50 years old, I will put in "over $250,000" and write in next to it "Lesbians Rule!". I am thinking that if all of these folks who want our intelligent sweat don't want to pay for it, I should reward them with bogus data. BTW, I do this when the phone rings and there is that tell-tale 1 or 2 second lag in someone connecting after I say "Hello" .. a sure sign of an automatic dial system in a telemarketer sweat lodge someplace.. I like to exercise my various non-English languages on them, although one time when I was cursing them in really derogatory Tagalog, a guy came on the line and asked me who taught me .. Satan? (Most Tagalog curses revolve around the Devil, Catholic Priests, and the Virgin Mary's virgo intacto status) Well, he cut the line before I could even say "Mabuhai! Didn't I meet your mother in Angeles City one night?

CWO4Mann said:
As for the others, I usually change my sex to female, my race is sometimes Afro, sometimes Latino, sometimes Asian (I don't think we are allowed to say "Oriental" anymore) and some I just write in "multi-racial". On the age questions I range between the lowest age I've seen (18) and the oldest year born being 1901.
A bit off topic, but this reminds me of the time my brother was getting calls to switch to AT&T or some other phone company, with a pitch about how much he would save, etc. When the guy was pressuring him and asked him why he wouldn't want to switch, he said "Because I prefer to pay more." The guy gave up after that, as he had no comeback for that answer. :lol:

CWO4Mann said:
we must be brothers from another mother. i do the same thing with different variations and for the same reasons.

Oh yeah, I got a few of those "reminders" also. I've done the Ecotality and the Nissan official surveys .. and did them straight up. Mentioned this forum in as many places as possible as a reference to the various "not happy" check-marks I did.

As for the others, I usually change my sex to female, my race is sometimes Afro, sometimes Latino, sometimes Asian (I don't think we are allowed to say "Oriental" anymore) and some I just write in "multi-racial". On the age questions I range between the lowest age I've seen (18) and the oldest year born being 1901. Salary range is a good one as I almost always plug in "10,000 or less" as the yearly income although sometimes if I am a Native American Woman who is 50 years old, I will put in "over $250,000" and write in next to it "Lesbians Rule!". I am thinking that if all of these folks who want our intelligent sweat don't want to pay for it, I should reward them with bogus data. BTW, I do this when the phone rings and there is that tell-tale 1 or 2 second lag in someone connecting after I say "Hello" .. a sure sign of an automatic dial system in a telemarketer sweat lodge someplace.. I like to exercise my various non-English languages on them, although one time when I was cursing them in really derogatory Tagalog, a guy came on the line and asked me who taught me .. Satan? (Most Tagalog curses revolve around the Devil, Catholic Priests, and the Virgin Mary's virgo intacto status) Well, he cut the line before I could even say "Mabuhai! Didn't I meet your mother in Angeles City one night?

I got a follow-up from the UC Davis survey. The researchers will be in San Diego and meeting with me next week. Anybody else get that follow-up? Anybody have any questions for them?

Back