Suggestions Please - AeroVironment Model EVSE-RS 25' Plug-In

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plugg

Hello EVSE wizards. I recently purchased a second hand AeroVironment Model EVSE-RS 25' Plug-In from a fellow member and an electrician wired a dedicated 240V outlet for me that has 40 amp service. We plugged the EVSE into it today and the two top lights lit solid - "Power Present" and "Ready to Charge". When we plugged the EVSE cord into the car, the third light lit solid "Vehicle Connected" and then all three blue charging lights on the dash began blinking together. We let it sit for a few minutes - the "Vehicle Charging Light" on the EVSE never lit and then the blue lights on dash shut off. I don't have any charging timers set and the SOC was about 60%.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or insights? Is 40 amp service too high for the EVSE which is 30 amps? Sure would appreciate any help! ;)

The only times I've experienced that was when a timer was on. Have you double/triple checked it's totally off? How about pushing the timer off button? (if your model has it)

Wow - I sure appreciate having access to EV & EVSE Wizards! Based on your replies, I first confirmed my charging timer was off (it was) and then I took a good, hard look at the the handle that plugs into the charging port. It had a foam/rubber ring on it that was a bit tweaked, preventing it from fully seating with that definitive "click". I cleaned it up a bit and lo & behold, it works! Many thanks to leafmuranodriver, davewill, and the thread suggested. Looks like I'm officially now a member of the L2 charging at home club after 3 years of L1 only. Thanks again! :D

Back