Strange LEAF problem today

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejabrother

I was running late this afternoon driving into work and I was flooring the "gas" pedal in the LEAF. All of a sudden a little lightning bolt symbol illuminated on the dash and then I heard a pop and then some black smoke came up out of the back seats. I don't know what the hell's going on. It still seems to run OK though. I guess I'll have to take it into the dealer next week. I'll be lucky if they know what to do. Anyone want to buy a slightly used electric car?

Sounds like he blew a muffler bearing...

thejabrother said:
I was running late this afternoon driving into work and I was flooring the "gas" pedal in the LEAF. All of a sudden a little lightning bolt symbol illuminated on the dash and then I heard a pop and then some black smoke came up out of the back seats. I don't know what the hell's going on. It still seems to run OK though. I guess I'll have to take it into the dealer next week. I'll be lucky if they know what to do. Anyone want to buy a slightly used electric car?

You guys got me... that was a lame April Fools Joke! :lol:

I did want to congratulate myself on hitting 3000 miles in exactly 3 months of LEAF ownership! Yea!

Back