Still haven't lost my first bar at SOH 84.XX.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driver8

Is there a bit of wiggle room on when that first bar will drop? I thought it was supposed to drop after 15% SOH loss. LeafSpy has had my SOH at 84 for months now, and I still have the twelfth bar.

SOH isn't a measure of capacity loss. ahr would be closer and both are frequently within 1% of each other but the reality is the BMS isn't really all that particular since it was never designed with public consumption in mind. On the Gen One, most dropped between 83½ to 84¼% I don't recall any dropping within say? ½% of 85.

Gen two, its even lower but its also more obvious that BMS numbers are being manipulated so...

Okay. Thanks for the responses. Today I was at 84.79, so sounds like I might have a bit more time. Moving to Seattle (from CT) has definitely helped the SOH become much more stable. (We bought our 2017 in Sep 2020 at 88.5 SOH), and I think it much have been around 85 when we moved to Seattle last summer.

Driver8 said:
Okay. Thanks for the responses. Today I was at 84.79, so sounds like I might have a bit more time. Moving to Seattle (from CT) has definitely helped the SOH become much more stable. (We bought our 2017 in Sep 2020 at 88.5 SOH), and I think it much have been around 85 when we moved to Seattle last summer.

Also "some" evidence that bars tend to hold on longer when they are colder. Guessing your pack is hanging around in the 50'sº F so that tends to push the number of the drop down. Either way, when the bar drops nothing will change except your attitude of the day. The Gen 2's putting that stuff on a screen you have to navigate to was a pretty good move in the psyche dept.

Did you get the BMS firmware update done already? You mentioned you have a 2017, which has a BMS flaw that, if not updated, reports a lower SOH than actual.

Back