Sticky Shifter

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrradon

Issue:
Change selection from N to D. About 10seconds later I get a RED master warning light and in the dot matrix display it says "Check position of shift lever". Sure enough the shift selector is half way between D and N, tap the shifter and is pops to its resting position.
I've gotten this about a dozen times now. It doesn't matter if it's D, N or R. Heading over to the dealer this week.

Has anyone experience this yet?

mrradon said:
Issue:
Change selection from N to D. About 10seconds later I get a RED master warning light and in the dot matrix display it says "Check position of shift lever". Sure enough the shift selector is half way between D and N, tap the shifter and is pops to its resting position.
I've gotten this about a dozen times now. It doesn't matter if it's D, N or R. Heading over to the dealer this week.

Has anyone experience this yet?

I just did today, same thing, got the check position of shift lever, I was going from d to echo on a downhill and didnt notice it suddenly got sticky and stayed resting towards neutral left.. did you get yours fixed by the dealer?

When I push dash cluster buttons (like to reset trip computer, etc...), it feels like someone spilled pop in it. My shifter also seems to want to get stuck, but hasn't so far. For me, it's a symptom of freezing conditions. Once the interior heats up (like on a sunny, mild day), everything is back to normal.

Back