SPX Quote

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubel

I was quoted over $2800 for a SPX PowerXpress, separate meter, and installation of wiring and a plug in the garage (about 17ft from the panel and meter). Unfinished basement and using conduit over the drywall in the garage. I knew once I saw SPX was involved (from gm-volt.com posts) that it would be outrageously priced. My utility is paying for $2500 of it if I sign a 2 year contract so my cost would be $300-something

My other option was to get a Coloumb unit (part of the chargepoint america thing I guess) and it would be under $2500 but I lose the mobility of the SPX. Not sure if I should pay out of pocket or not...

My unit is mobile, but so far I never use it anywhere but my home, your situation maybe different but this is where I stand

kubel, I encourage you to reach out to an SPX EV Support Representative. We would like to have the opportunity to discuss your quote with you. If you would like to reach out to us, please call us at 1-877-805-3873. ~Meghan, SPX EV Team

I seem to remember reading that the SPX unit has issues with the Leaf charging timers. Has that been resolved or was it not an actual issue?

Back