SPX Charger problem or Nissan Leaf OBC?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My SPX 50600 will not charge after about 1 year and two weeks. It "went out" when I set my leaf charger to end at 7am without a start time. Since then, no matter what i set the timers to, on or off, the SPX exibits green green and i get an idiot light on the dashboard after the charge fails to start. Nissan checked the car and it passed inspecti0on, charges on 110v pnasonic and on aerovironment at the dealer. SPX more or less told me tough luck after the sripted "reset the brealer...." routines. ANd the fact that an SPX technition did not do the install to extend the warranty for three years, despite the fact that the unit plugs into an existing socket... They said they could send me a new one if i made a claim against my credit card.. I wont be buying another one. No servicable parts in what ammounts to $100 with of parts and a $200 cable?

Maybe it was the firmware but they would not admit to it. IMO the unit went out so close to the warranty period they should have replaced it. It wasn't even in operation for an entire year before it broke because I needed to have my 220 relocated. :cry:

Back