Spreadsheet cost comparison fuel and maintenance ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kieranmullen said:
Does anyone have a cost comparison with all regular maintenance costs included? Eg oil changes etc...

That would be tough because vehicles vary on the amount of maintenance, type of driving etc. Really those are pretty personalized.

Eg 2014 Nissan Leaf versus 2014 Nissan Vera Note

MikeinDenver said:
kieranmullen said:
Does anyone have a cost comparison with all regular maintenance costs included? Eg oil changes etc...

That would be tough because vehicles vary on the amount of maintenance, type of driving etc. Really those are pretty personalized.

smkettner said:
LEAF is easy... Zero, zip, nada, nil, nothing for three years.

Your free time vs hanging out at the dealer... priceless.

That isn't quite true. Most people still will need to pay for tire rotations and brake flushes if they are doing a 3yr lease. Potentially tires as well.

Brake fluid change @ 30, 000 miles. I paid $120 for that. I replaced my cabin air filter for about $15. I rotate my own tires every 5, 000 mikes. I am coming up on my next recommended maintenance @ 60, 000 miles, brake fluid change. My 3 year battery check, $30-60 depending on the dealer. I also replaced my tires because the Ecopias wore out quick with all the turns I make.

I have spent $34 on a new set of front windshield wipers at my first annual check. The only other cost is electricity, which has been about $40/month.

This car is MUCH cheaper to operate. I didn't need a spreadsheet to compare the cost of fuel and other maintenance on my 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. The Toyota needs a full tank of gasoline every two weeks at $65/each fill up and at least 2 oil changes at $25 each

The original post was not about whether or not you needed something.

Woosie said:
I have spent $34 on a new set of front windshield wipers at my first annual check. The only other cost is electricity, which has been about $40/month.

This car is MUCH cheaper to operate. I didn't need a spreadsheet to compare the cost of fuel and other maintenance on my 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid. The Toyota needs a full tank of gasoline every two weeks at $65/each fill up and at least 2 oil changes at $25 each

Back