South Lake Tahoe (Stateline) gets its first L2s

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Recargo and Plugshare are showing 4 L2s at Harrah's, although the most recent check-in couldn't charge. About time there was something at the south end of the lake other than NEMA 14-50s at RV parks. There's apparently also an L2 at the Montbleu hotel, but it's for hotel guests only, and an L2 at the Toyota dealer in SLT. Has anyone (Lakeleaf?) tried the EVSEs at Harrah's? Free, pay? There's a blurry photo on Plugshare, but I don't recognize the type.

Now all that's needed is an L3 in Placerville, and an L3 (or at least an L2) midway between Placerville and Echo Summit, in Kyburz (@31 miles), Strawberry (40 miles) or maybe Twin Bridges (42 miles), but all with several thousand feet of climb, to make a trip from Sacramento to SLT reasonable. Has anyone tried making it from Placerville over the summit in a Leaf yet, using side roads (Carson Rd. - Pony Express Trail, maybe Slippery Ford Trail and/or Echo Summit Rd.) to keep the speed down?

Sorry to dig up an old thread - I live just east of Placerville in Pollock Pines and one of these days when I'm feeling daring I'm going to give it a shot (unless someone else has tried it since the OP?).

My plan the first time is to have someone with a truck or SUV travel with me with my 6.5kw genny in the back just in case (it has a 240V 30A L6-30R receptacle). I strongly suspect that it's doable on one charge, but we'll see. If not it shouldn't take much time to charge up enough from the genny to complete the trip. I figure if I can make it to Echo Summit I should be good.

It's about 52 miles from my house to the L2 plugs at Harvey's/Harrah's/Montbleu, but there's a lot of down-hill between Pollock Pines and Kyburz, and a good chunk of steep down-hill past the summit. I made it 48+ miles from Roseville to Pollock Pines last week with 9% to spare, and that is ALL uphill freeway. That was 3 adults & 1 kid, a full ice chest, AC at 68, radio and headlights on.

abngeek said:
Sorry to dig up an old thread - I live just east of Placerville in Pollock Pines and one of these days when I'm feeling daring I'm going to give it a shot (unless someone else has tried it since the OP?).

My plan the first time is to have someone with a truck or SUV travel with me with my 6.5kw genny in the back just in case (it has a 240V 30A L6-30R receptacle). I strongly suspect that it's doable on one charge, but we'll see. If not it shouldn't take much time to charge up enough from the genny to complete the trip. I figure if I can make it to Echo Summit I should be good.

It's about 52 miles from my house to the L2 plugs at Harvey's/Harrah's/Montbleu, but there's a lot of down-hill between Pollock Pines and Kyburz, and a good chunk of steep down-hill past the summit. I made it 48+ miles from Roseville to Pollock Pines last week with 9% to spare, and that is ALL uphill freeway. That was 3 adults & 1 kid, a full ice chest, AC at 68, radio and headlights on.
From Pollock Pines I'd imagine you can make it on your own; you're about 14 miles east of Placerville and approx. 2,000 feet higher, and Hwy 50 narrows and slows not too far east of you.

Back