South Bay wild Leaf spotted

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earther

On the commute home today (Wed 05/18) at around 5:30pm my girlfriend spotted her first "Leaf in the wild" (I'm bummed that I wasn't in the car, as I still have never come across one myself, outside of a Nissan dealership).

She said it was silver, covered with tons of multicolored stickers, had some unusual addition on the roof (perhaps a large bike rack or solar panel she guesses), and zipped on by her (driving my blue Leaf) at ~80mph heading onto 101N. I asked if she was *sure* it was a Leaf, and she said it definitely was: the big eco-design "zero emission" sticker was plastered along the side.

Is this someone on MNL forum by any chance?

hmm, not me i drive a blue one, but i take 87 to 101 and exit great america. i carpool as well. i have seen a few on 87 however.

earther said:
On the commute home today (Wed 05/18) at around 5:30pm my girlfriend spotted her first "Leaf in the wild" (I'm bummed that I wasn't in the car, as I still have never come across one myself, outside of a Nissan dealership).

I finally spotted a Leaf in the wild today. It was a Blue Leaf parked at DeAnza College in Cupertino. Time was about 3PM. Is the owner part of the MNL forum?

trentr said:
hmm, not me i drive a blue one, but i take 87 to 101 and exit great america. i carpool as well. i have seen a few on 87 however.
Do you enter 87 from Almaden and still spot the Boardwalk plate? If so, I have seen you a few times. :mrgreen:

greenleaf said:
trentr said:
Do you enter 87 from Almaden and still spot the Boardwalk plate? If so, I have seen you a few times. :mrgreen:

Yes, I enter from Almaden with Boardwalk plates. That's got to be me. LOL, small world! Do you pretty much take the same route? I have not seen a LEAF on Almaden, while I'm driving mine. However, I have seen a lady entering 87 from Almaden driving one, but I was in a different car with my co-worker. She didn't notice us.

I have seen a black one on Hillsdale and Pearl. We were going the opposite directions, I flashed my lights and we waved. Was that you by any chance?

trentr said:
greenleaf said:
trentr said:

Yes, I enter from Almaden with Boardwalk plates. That's got to be me. LOL, small world! Do you pretty much take the same route? I have not seen a LEAF on Almaden, while I'm driving mine. However, I have seen a lady entering 87 from Almaden driving one, but I was in a different car with my co-worker. She didn't notice us.

I have seen a black one on Hillsdale and Pearl. We were going the opposite directions, I flashed my lights and we waved. Was that you by any chance?
It must have been my wife on that day (we take turns driving the Leaf). We already have the CA plates for a while, and the HOV stickers since last week. My Leaf is blue like yours.

I have seen a white Leaf a couple of times in the morning, driving westward on Camden away from Almaden.

Back