Software Upgrade? Feb 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copdoc

Nissan has requested I bring my 2012 in for a software upgrade. Did 2011 owners get this, too?

Nissan is committed to providing the highest level of product quality and customer satisfaction. With that in mind, we want to bring to your attention important information regarding your Nissan LEAF™.

REASON FOR CAMPAIGN

Nissan continually improves product performance through ongoing enhancements. Based on the production date of your LEAF vehicle, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software. Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P."

The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems.

WHAT NISSAN WILL DO

To assure your continued satisfaction and confidence in your car, your EV-certified Nissan Dealer will update the software at no cost for parts and labor at a time and location that best meets your needs. Typically performed at your Nissan EV Dealer, the update can also be completed by an EV-certified technician at your home or place of business, provided there is a suitable and safe work area. Please discuss with your Nissan EV Dealer regarding timing and location.

In support of this software update, a new owner's manual will also be provided.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

Contact your EV-certified Nissan Dealer at your earliest convenience in order to arrange your appointment:

This service is free of charge and the work should take about one hour to complete. To ensure the least inconvenience to you, it is important that you have an appointment before bringing your vehicle to the dealer for service. Please bring this notice with you to your service appointment. Detailed instructions have been sent to your EV-certified Nissan Dealer.

If the dealer is unable to complete the service free of charge, or for any other reason, you may contact the Nissan LEAF Call Center, Nissan North America, Inc., P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003. The toll-free number is 1-877-NO-GAS-EV (1-877-664-2738).

Thank you for providing us an opportunity to ensure ongoing satisfaction with your Nissan LEAF. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

copdoc said:
Nissan has requested I bring my 2012 in for a software upgrade. Did 2011 owners get this, too?
Yes, mine is an early 2011 and I received it. I'll take care of it in Jan 2013 when I go in for my next battery check.

Received by email and car wings voice message in car. Has anyone had luck getting a dealer to come to home or business to do updates?

Really a nice touch if they do.

Mine is a late 2012, however, mine is very different from yours :

REASON FOR CAMPAIGN

Nissan continually improves product performance through ongoing enhancements. Based on the production date of your LEAF vehicle, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software, and also install a lower-apron bracket.

Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P." The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems.

The lower-apron bracket is a feature added for vehicles used in cold weather areas to prevent the possibility of snow and ice entering and accumulating in the motor compartment.

DurkaDurka said:
Mine is a late 2012, however, mine is very different from yours :

REASON FOR CAMPAIGN

Nissan continually improves product performance through ongoing enhancements. Based on the production date of your LEAF vehicle, Nissan would like to offer a complimentary update of the vehicle software, and also install a lower-apron bracket.

Nissan has added an additional driver-convenience alert designed to notify the driver if their door is opened while the vehicle is still in the "ON" or "READY" mode, and the shift selector is not in "P." The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems.

The lower-apron bracket is a feature added for vehicles used in cold weather areas to prevent the possibility of snow and ice entering and accumulating in the motor compartment.

I received the same email for my 2012 SL, delivered on 11/30/11.

The software update also includes various enhancements to, among other things, CARWINGS connectivity, information displays, HVAC operation, and diagnostic systems.

Anyone know the details of these enhancements? Nissan should give us all the info.

can someone who has gotten it try and turn the temperature all the way down past 60 and see if they added a new option such as "max cold", or in any other way figure out if they are allowing the fan to be used without the heater and or climate control on?

I received an email for my 2011 about the software update. I will probably schedule it for next week or something.

GaslessInSeattle said:
can someone who has gotten it try and turn the temperature all the way down past 60 and see if they added a new option such as "max cold", or in any other way figure out if they are allowing the fan to be used without the heater and or climate control on?

As much as I would like to think they made USEFUL updates like this, I highly doubt it.

Hmm. No update so far... I guess CO2 Fre is just perfect as is! Wait, wasn't I just complaining about it charging during peak (6am) this morning!? Naughty car!!!

Got the email for update yesterday. Seems to be useful update, going by their description.

Since I am not bothering with the Lower Apron fix, I went to Bill Seidle Nissan today for the software upgrade. I forgot to ask about the revision to the user manual. The total Driving Distance and Elapsed Time were reset. I also had to reset the dashboard clock. All the other settings are untouched.

The only upgrade was to my TCU software. It was updated from 3NA0000626 to 3NA0000627. All my other software version were already up to date.

Here is the complete list of my Current Software Versions:
Boot Ware (NK1):157
Application (NK2):157
Audio Unit Software:067
CAN uCOM Software:018
Front Display Software:030
BOLERO Software:00.05
Bluetooth Firmware:C237
Voice Recognition Engine:925-125-000
Voice Synthesis Engine:5.0.0.3-PS-P2
Voice Recognition Grammar Version:00001090
Voice Synthesis Data Version:00003000
Record Data Version:00001032
Part Number:3NA0E
XM Satellite Radio Software:012
Switch Software:030000
TCU Software:3NA0000627 (this was the only upgrade)
Map Version:10/08/12/01

In order to obtain your releases data:

Power on the vehicle
Power off the audio
Press the MAP button 3x
Press the Audio Power button 2x
Press the MAP button 1x
Select Confirmation/Adjustment
Select Version/Information

I received the Car Wings notice this morning on my way to work. When I started my car for my drive home, I have the maintenance reminder showing on my dashboard.

About 15 miles from home, I got my first low battery warning ever. I wonder if the notification sent to the car may have interrupted my charging cycle (at work).

Thankfully again, for this forum, I pulled off the freeway and pulled out the range table I have printed from this site. Thinking I had a shot to make it home, I decided not to call the roadside assistance and see if I could stretch the range by limiting my speed. It was gonna be close, but I decided I could call from there or somewhere closer to home. What difference did it make?

By taking side streets and limiting speed, I didn't hit Turtle mode until I was about a half mile from home and was able to creep into my driveway under power.

I sure hope the signal to the car didn't stop the charging, but this is the first time it has ever happened since I received the car in May. Odd coincidence? Maybe. But it's a good reminder to check the level of charge when I get in my car.

Thanks again to MNL forum for having the roadside assistance number handy, the large amount of experience and knowledge that has been shared, and especially for the range chart that Tony Williams has posted and updated!

Cinnabar said:
About 15 miles from home, I got my first low battery warning ever. I wonder if the notification sent to the car may have interrupted my charging cycle (at work).
Going to need more details about your drive/charge/etc to make that determination, but getting the LBW 15 miles from home when you normally get home without it is mighty suspicious...

drees said:
Cinnabar said:
Going to need more details about your drive/charge/etc to make that determination, but getting the LBW 15 miles from home when you normally get home without it is mighty suspicious...

My commute is 32 miles each way, and I don't baby the car. I charge to 80% at home and work, so there should be plenty of margin. I can make it round trip without charging, but I need to slow down a bit to do so. I didn't on the way in this morning, and didn't until I got the low battery warning heading home

I did notice I got my ChargePoint alert that the draw had dropped (usually means it has charged to 80%) was sent surprisingly early, but I had forgotten that by the time I was headed home.

This morning it was sent at 7:48, which is about a half an hour after I get to work and start charging. Normally, it is sent a little after 10:00. The email was the same as usual, the the "vehicle is drawing very little power ..." so I don't think someone unplugged it.

My question is what seemed to interrupt the charging at work today? Was it the maintenance download to CarWings or a ChargePoint issue?

Cinnabar said:
My commute is 32 miles each way, and I don't baby the car. I charge to 80% at home and work, so there should be plenty of margin.

I did notice I got my ChargePoint alert that the draw had dropped (usually means it has charged to 80%) was sent surprisingly early, but I had forgotten that by the time I was headed home.

This morning it was sent at 7:48, which is about a half an hour after I get to work and start charging. Normally, it is sent a little after 10:00. The email was the same as usual, the the "vehicle is drawing very little power ..." so I don't think someone unplugged it.
Yeah - so you probably only picked up 5-6 mi of charge (30 minutes) which explains why you barely made it home. 50+ miles on the freeway if you drive it like you stole it in D + heater on 80% charge is pushing it.

Not sure what caused it to stop charging, but I suppose that next time you'll check on it (physically or through carwings using phone or browser) next time you get an early charge stop message. :)

drees said:
Cinnabar said:
My commute is 32 miles each way, and I don't baby the car. I charge to 80% at home and work, so there should be plenty of margin.

Yeah - so you probably only picked up 5-6 mi of charge (30 minutes) which explains why you barely made it home. 50+ miles on the freeway if you drive it like you stole it in D + heater on 80% charge is pushing it.

Not sure what caused it to stop charging, but I suppose that next time you'll check on it (physically or through carwings using phone or browser) next time you get an early charge stop message. :)

True that!

Back