SoCal dealers getting DC Fast Chargers in March

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdub

I'm trying to figure out where all these QCs are going to be installed that Nissan touted. I know that Downtown LA is supposedly getting on in March???

1. Nissan Of Downtown L.A. Install Date March???
2. Fontana Nissan
3. Raceway Nissan
4. Connell Nissan
5. ???

Want to help add to this list?

TonyWilliams said:
None of the 8 San Diego Nissan dealers are likely to get these. If it was a free ride, they might consider it.

I thought the idea was that it WAS a free ride and Nissan was fitting the bill?

cdub said:
TonyWilliams said:
None of the 8 San Diego Nissan dealers are likely to get these. If it was a free ride, they might consider it.

Yes, that's what Nissan advertises that private dealers will be getting. I've posted about this issue many, many times previously.

Anyhoo, Raceway Nissan in Fontana and Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa will both get one. Maybe in Tustin, too?

TonyWilliams said:
cdub said:
TonyWilliams said:

Yes, that's what Nissan advertises that private dealers will be getting. I've posted about this issue many, many times previously.

Anyhoo, Raceway Nissan in Fontana and Connell Nissan in Irvine will both get one. Maybe in Tustin.

I know you've posted it... there hasn't been any updates on this in a while though. I thought about it again when I had to drive the Civic to Carlsbad - 100 miles. Would love to be able to do it in the Leaf if I could stop to QC on the way.

cdub said:
TonyWilliams said:

Anyhoo, Raceway Nissan in Fontana and Connell Nissan in Irvine will both get one. Maybe in Tustin.

I know you've posted it... there hasn't been any updates on this in a while though. I thought about it again when I had to drive the Civic to Carlsbad - 100 miles. Would love to be able to do it in the Leaf if I could stop to QC on the way.

You do know there is a QC in San Juan Cap, right?

TonyWilliams said:
Anyhoo, Raceway Nissan in Fontana and Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa will both get one.
Just to clarify, Raceway Nissan is on the southeast side of Riverside, right next to the junction of the 215 and 60 freeways. My family and I drive to San Diego County occasionally, and look forward to QC'ing at Raceway on the way home.

Fontana Nissan is of course in Fontana. With careful/slow driving and an 80% charge from Fontana, the San Bernardino Mountains will again be within reach for LA/OC LEAF drivers. EV drivers visiting the mountains are still welcome to charge in my driveway. :)

The bottom line is, if there is only one dealer with only one QC anywhere near where I need to charge, I'll not plan on it being available and will make other arrangements.. To plan otherwise is foolhardy and asking for disaster.

TomT said:
The bottom line is, if there is only one dealer with only one QC anywhere near where I need to charge, I'll not plan on it being available and will make other arrangements.. To plan otherwise is foolhardy and asking for disaster.
Thankfully, it looks like we're just starting to get some redundancy. Fontana Nissan and Raceway Nissan, for instance, are not exactly next door to one another but close enough to help avoid a complete "disaster". With Paul Scott's dealership in downtown LA getting a QC (we hope), we'll have two QCs in the downtown LA area. Connell Nissan and the QC in San Juan Capistrano are also close enough to be at least somewhat helpful in that sense.

Personally, even if there's only one QC, I'm usually willing to "risk it". But I accept that the general public doesn't necessarily operate that way.

Having more QCs does make it much easier for me to defer the purchase of a very expensive, longer range EV. :)

TonyWilliams said:
cdub said:
TonyWilliams said:

Anyhoo, Raceway Nissan in Fontana and Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa will both get one. Maybe in Tustin, too?

So is Connell Nissan confirmed for a QC? If so, does anyone know an install date? I'm also curious if anyone knows if there will be a cost to use? This station could be very useful for me as I drive from Carlsbad to Irvine probably twice a week and use the San Juan Capistrano one.

Rather than list every dealer in CA, could we expand the list for all dealers and put it in the Wiki? This would be helpful for everyone in the US and allow for a central location for all DC charger info.

TomT said:
Even WHEN they get 2 or 3 Q.C.'s up and running, the ongong issue will continue. Arriving to find no one using it, but it's being ICE'd with several vehicles in front of it. Put on you big dumb happy smile ... politely ask numerous folks about the possibility of the vehicles being moved, and getting that exasperated look, as though you were borrowing their last dollar. That's MY favorite thing I'm looking forward to. I get it ... the dealer's lot needs space, and the 1st ones to go are the charge stalls that too often get installed in a prime spot.

TonyWilliams said:
Darren said:
This station could be very useful for me as I drive from Carlsbad to Irvine probably twice a week and use the San Juan Capistrano one.

How would this be more beneficial for you? Isn't San Juan Cap pretty much in the middle?

Exactly. It is the middle which means I have to charge up and back as my LEAF won't go up+half way back.

Darren said:
TonyWilliams said:
Darren said:
This station could be very useful for me as I drive from Carlsbad to Irvine probably twice a week and use the San Juan Capistrano one.

How would this be more beneficial for you? Isn't San Juan Cap pretty much in the middle?

Exactly. It is the middle which means I have to charge up and back as my LEAF won't go up+half way back.

Tustin Nissan told me that they are getting a DCQC - so that would give you access to a quick charge while in Irvine.

abasile said:
Just to clarify, Raceway Nissan is on the southeast side of Riverside, right next to the junction of the 215 and 60 freeways. My family and I drive to San Diego County occasionally, and look forward to QC'ing at Raceway on the way home. ...
It's 60 miles from Raceway to the Blink QC in Escondido (1700 7 Oakes Rd, Escondido). Not quite safe enough for an 80% charge (at least not for me), but reachable.

Back