SoCal Branch LEAF-Gathering Year 2 - #24c: 25 Aug 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
91040 said:
Wanted to confirm that we are meeting 11/12. I plan on it and know of at least one other.

Yes, I was just about to post a reminder. I think that Mr. Gary will miss this one, regrettably, though I'm waiting for a confirmation from him, but we're ON for Saturday morning at Cerritos Home Town Buffet. I think that Chris is coming down, IN HIS LEAF, all the way from Lancaster.

This is an open invitation to anyone with an interest in the LEAF, or any EV, who would enjoy a breakfast with congenial folks who have learned a thing or two about EVs, and the LEAF in particular. Even if you're just been lurking, come out for a nice breakfast and chat.

Yep that's my plan, I will drop the empty LEAF off at Cerritos NISSAN and walk over to HTB. I have all day so it should be an fun adventure getting home charging at a rate of 3.3kw... I am thinking a late lunch in Santa Monica and then to Valencia where I will need 7 bars to make it home.

Thank you 91040 for the car pool offer, if I was limited on time I would take you up on your offer.

chris1howell said:
Yep that's my plan, I will drop the empty LEAF off at Cerritos NISSAN and walk over to HTB. I have all day so it should be an fun adventure getting home charging at a rate of 3.3kw... I am thinking a late lunch in Santa Monica and then to Valencia where I will need 7 bars to make it home.

Thank you 91040 for the car pool offer, if I was limited on time I would take you up on your offer.

Chris, it's likely to be raining. I can swing by the Nissan dealer and pick you up around 8:30. There is a tiny, tiny chance that I'll be called for a focus group that morning, but if I do, I'll post on this thread to let you know. If I don't post, expect me to swing by the Nissan dealer at 8:30 with my blue LEAF.

8 met today with 6 Leafs and one MiniE between us. Didn't solve all the problems in the world but came close! Looking forward to the next one, hopefully with Gary there.

chris1howell said:

Found the new charger we were talking about. It's right off the 14 :)

Kohls Golden Valley Road
19307 Golden Valley Rd
Santa Clarita, CA 91321

http://www.recargo.com/sites/2935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was unable to get to the last Gathering, but I am glad you had a good time.

Even better news: I did hear that my biopsy was "negative margins" ... Yep, I cried with relief.

Yesterday, I got the two tubes pulled out, but I still have a lot of recovering left to do.

If I cannot get to HTB this coming Saturday (19 Nov, on 17th in Santa Ana), I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

REMINDER:
SoCal pre-Thanksgiving Gathering: Saturday Breakfast at Hometown Buffet
on 17th (2 blocks East of I-5) in Santa Ana Tomorrow (19 Nov).

Only about $8 including drinks, egg dishes, fruits,
salads, pancakes, and much more.
Generally, this location seems to provide good clean food.

All kindred spirits welcome, roughly 8 AM to 11.

Boomer: Take care of your mom (and family) first.

I met a nice young guy named Matt with a four week-old white LEAF with a nice tint job at the Blink EVSEs at the Costa Mesa IKEA today, and after I mentioned the forum, he asked me if I was coming to Santa Ana tomorrow. I think that I have to come now, since we clearly have new blood showing an interest. I won't be able to stay long, maybe an hour, but I'll enjoy a short visit, at least.

Also have a bug! Plan to make december. Have great holiday to all. We just got our solar Monday and await Dwp inspection. We are very psyched!

Back