SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be there on Saturday too.

My order is finally starting to warm up. I have a VIN number and the dashboard says June 29. I called my dealer, but didn't get any new information. He did at least confirm what I already had.

Boomer23 said:
And JPV, too!
Yes, she was a June baby! :p

Boomer23 said:
By the way, I would talk to the folks at CCSE to make sure that everything is cool with your reservation for your rebate, as davewill says.
I'm locked in the queue for the rebate, and my paperwork's on its way. (phew)

So cool, JPV. Looking forward to seeing you at Cerritos with your new baby.

(My comments about the CVRP were for Tom, of course, not you)

My, my, we are growing fast!

I intend to have a "showing/demo" of my CAN-Do program,
and its evolving "dashboard" that displays data collected from
the LEAF's EV-CAN buss, including SOC percentage.

It MIGHT be possible to actually demo it in real time,
collecting data in my/your moving LEAF. :D :D

garygid said:
I will let Cerritos Nissan know that there will be more LEAFs to park,
and a good-sized group of people to seat.

I was kinda of the opinion that we'd physically outgrown CN last time. Will be interesting to see how we do this time.

BTW, I'll be there. And, as always, no charging necessary for me.

I'll try and make it too. What time?

It's 32 miles from my place. Should be fine... but wouldn't mind a sip of juice to get back. I'm sure there will be a line for that.

How many people are going?

cdub said:
I'll try and make it too. What time?

It's 32 miles from my place. Should be fine... but wouldn't mind a sip of juice to get back. I'm sure there will be a line for that.

How many people are going?

cdub, I'm sure that we'll be able to put you, tbleakne and others who need a charge first in line for the EVSEs. There are four EVSEs, I think.

As for how many will be going, we had about 30 people last month, and about 10 LEAFs. With all of the new deliveries, I wouldn't be surprised if there were 20 LEAFs there and 40 or more people. Cerritos Nissan tends to suggest that potential new buyers come to our meetings to meet us and learn what they can.

garygid said:
I will let Cerritos Nissan know that there will be more LEAFs to park,
and a good-sized group of people to seat.

Gary, could you ask them if we can get some space to park together near the EVSEs? It makes it more fun if we can stand around and chat near our cars, show off the colors and the accessories and mods that people have done.

I know that it was hard last month because the dealership was having a big used car sale. Maybe this month they can be more accommodating about parking.

I will try to bring along some freebies to CN on Saturday.
They are the magnetic-type decals, and measure approx. 4" x 8".

5pVR5.jpg

JPV...,
Looks nice to me, please bring a bunch if you can. I will PM you also.

They are TRYING to clear the side area around the chargers for our Branch (large Cluster) of LEAFs, as well as reserving 5 spots in front, for one LEAF of each color!

One way or another, we will make it work (we always have "Plan B"). :lol:

I try to get there by 8:05, and usually stay at least until 11:00, but often until 11:30 or 12:00 if there are enough interested folks.

I am considering joining the group this Saturday. I am up in Altadena, car #567 silver. I haven't gotten around to getting the upgrade yet, so I may call Cerritos to get that done. Seems like a good time to get it done, and I can go get breakfast to boot!

I want to go to Rosamond over the Crest Highway the next day and only have a 110 available to recharge me in Altadena, so I may want to grab a charge as well, I guess I could come early or stay late though.

Best, Eric

Caracalover said:
I am considering joining the group this Saturday. I am up in Altadena, car #567 silver. I haven't gotten around to getting the upgrade yet, so I may call Cerritos to get that done. Seems like a good time to get it done, and I can go get breakfast to boot!

I want to go to Rosamond over the Crest Highway the next day and only have a 110 available to recharge me in Altadena, so I may want to grab a charge as well, I guess I could come early or stay late though.

Best, Eric

You'll be very welcome.

Regarding the upgrade, are you referring to the upgrade of the Nissan standard Level 1 EVSE? If so, you can't get it done through Cerritos, you have to send it to the folks at http://evseupgrade.com/.

See you Saturday.

Boomer23 said:
You'll be very welcome.

Regarding the upgrade, are you referring to the upgrade of the Nissan standard Level 1 EVSE? If so, you can't get it done through Cerritos, you have to send it to the folks at http://evseupgrade.com/.

See you Saturday.

No the software upgrade, haven't had issues so haven't worried about it - I am an early adopter (It is a member of the family now). Will call them tomorrow, haven't had any luck with Alhambra where I bought it, so I need to go somewhere else.

Caracalover said:
No the software upgrade, haven't had issues so haven't worried about it - I am an early adopter (It is a member of the family now). Will call them tomorrow, haven't had any luck with Alhambra where I bought it, so I need to go somewhere else.
I had the software upgrade done at Cerritos on May 24 - it took a little over 2 hours because (they said) they had to re-install the software on their upgrade device. I was late for a meeting so they gave me a voucher for an Enterprise rental (the office is 100 yds from the Nissan service desk - quite convenient) and it was ready when I returned.

However, Cerritos Nissan is probably ~25 miles from you; you might also try Performance Nissan off the 210 in Monrovia. Avoid Puente Hills; my purchase/delivery experience was quite negative (they used the Leaf's scarcity to cram down unwanted options/features, citing 'dealership policy').

Does anyone in the Irvine/Tustin/central OC area have a 'spare' EVSE that they are willing to rent out for about a week while my OEM EVSE is being upgraded to Rev 2 by Ingineer? I figure about a weeks time would do it. All the better, as well, if one were already planning on going to the gathering at Cerritos Nissan on Saturday.

Ingineer is not doing the advance replacement option right now. Otherwise, I'd do that ... or (shudder) drive my gas car during the wait. Feel free to PM me. TIA.

JPVLeaf said:
Does anyone in the Irvine/Tustin/central OC area have a 'spare' EVSE that they are willing to rent out for about a week while my OEM EVSE is being upgraded to Rev 2 by Ingineer? I figure about a weeks time would do it. All the better, as well, if you were also going to the gathering at Cerritos Nissan on Saturday.

Ingineer is not doing the advance replacement option right now. Otherwise, I'd do that ... or (shudder) drive my gas car during the wait. Feel free to PM me. TIA.

Look for my PM, JPV.

Back