SmartWay Elite status

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyhopper

I'm hoping to buy in the next couple of weeks. My credit union offers a 0.5% discount if the car is on the EPA SmartWay Elite list.
http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicles/

Obviously the Leaf will be on that list eventually, but my CU won't honor the discount unless it is officially on that list. I've tried via e-mail and phone to reach someone associated with that list to see if/when it would be updated but I've been unsuccessful.

Any ideas? My CU rate is still excellent at 3.25% for 60 months, but it seems ridiculous that I can't take advantage of this discount when buying a car much "greener" than the few currently on that list.

I used Contact Us to ask them to include Leaf quickly. I suggest you do the same ... who know, may be someone reads it !

I just contacted the EPA as well. 0.50% off 3.25%? Which CU are you using? I have been looking at First Tech's rates, which are good, but they only offer 0.25% off of 3.29% (which is good, but 2.75% is better :cool: ).

Bank of America gave me 2.67% for 60 months. The only catch is your fico needs to be above 810. Otherwise, you should check it out!

Timaz said:
Bank of America gave me 2.67% for 60 months. The only catch is your fico needs to be above 810. Otherwise, you should check it out!

Timaz, is this rate off the BoA website or you got it from your local branch office in Az?

That is a superb rate.

Back