Silly Backup Camera Tricks

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got into this menu on my 13 SV... no option at all for camera now.. From the Service manual, you have to use CONSULT for the cameras now. (Note: I have the 'around view' cameras).

How do I " Go into navigation system diagnostics"?
I have 1 2012 Leaf, and I can't find system diagnostics under any of the navigation menus.

Thanks Dave

dashome said:
How do I " Go into navigation system diagnostics"?
I have 1 2012 Leaf, and I can't find system diagnostics under any of the navigation menus.

Thanks Dave

Push 3 times "Map", 2 times "radio on/off", 1 time "Map".

DarkStar said:
Does the S even have an infotainment system? I thought it just had a plain radio...

radio/ SAT/i pod so ya, compared to modern day, its just a plain radio...mine still has screen, backup camera, etc... i think that comes with charge package though but then again, a LEAF without chademo is not a viable car imm

Guys,
Do you know if there's a similar trick for a '15 S with a backup camera? Since my car doesn't have nav, there's no obvious equivalent button.

sphinx said:
Guys,
Do you know if there's a similar trick for a '15 S with a backup camera? Since my car doesn't have nav, there's no obvious equivalent button.

Ok, I figured it out. Power on the car, power off the radio. Hold down the "1" preset button while scrolling the volume button in either direction for about 40 clicks, then click in the opposite direction for a couple of clicks. Voila, you are in the diagnostic screen. Scroll through the options using the settings knob and button, you'll see the camera button. Make sure you don't mess with the lines settings.

Only thing that sucks about it is that you can't have that on while the radio is on. Oh well...

Bummer, I like the idea, but none of these methods work on the 2015 SL. I can get to the Confirmation/Adjustment screen by pressing the Map and Radio On/Off buttons, but the Camera options are not shown. I do like the "Camera" button that activates the cameras when moving under 6 mph.

Yep, you too can keep your backup camera displayed for your whole trip!

1) Go into navigation system diagnostics (turn off radio, press Map three times, Radio Power two times, Map once).
2) Select Confirmation/Adjustment.
3) Select Camera.
4) Select Correct Draw Line of Rear view Camera.
5) Drive!
6) Press Back when you're done goofing around! :D
Hi… DFQ for you. I have a 2015 Leaf with the surround camera. Do not see the Camera option in the diagnostics menu. Any thoughts?

Back