Significant Other makes a math error

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the video again, the one Boomer referenced has been taken down. Amazing! This shows, at least in my mind, why the concept of an SOC meter might not work for the average consumer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhm7-LEBznk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alkX2l92eRg[/youtube]

surfingslovak said:
Here is the video again, the one Boomer referenced has been taken down. Amazing! This shows, at least in my mind, why the concept of an SOC meter might not work for the average consumer. ...
Actually it suggests to me that the DTE isn't that useful to the average driver. People just don't seem to have much clue how far common destinations are in MILES. They tend to think of them in terms of how long it takes them to get there. Given a good percentage SOC gauge, they would soon learn how long they can drive before their battery is gone. The way it is now, they almost have to have a good sense of distance, or they have to punch every destination into the GPS in order to gauge how far they're going vs. the DTE...and since the DTE meter fluctuates so much even that is problematic.

surfingslovak said:
Here is the video again, the one Boomer referenced has been taken down. Amazing! This shows, at least in my mind, why the concept of an SOC meter might not work for the average consumer.

I posed the question (How long does it take to drive 80 miles if you are driving 80 mph?) to my wife who is somewhat mathematically challenged. She got the correct answer! I agree the SOC meter might be raising the bar too high, but now if a calculator could be part of the meter or LS from Phil, maybe they might work for the average consumer, based on the response from the video clip.

I have a policy at my house for the 2 Leafs that you report how many miles when you get home and then we discuss what your driving plans are for tomorrow and decide which if not both need to be charged. I work at home so mine does not charge daily but the other one is used for errands, dr's appointments, lottery run, mail, groceries and thus gets charged more often.

Keep it simple people,

Ian B

surfingslovak said:
Here is the video again, the one Boomer referenced has been taken down. Amazing! This shows, at least in my mind, why the concept of an SOC meter might not work for the average consumer
Hilarious, hard to imagine that's real! Is anyone really THAT "Math challenged"? It's not even math, it's simple language!

I'll put a warning on the box of LEAFSCAN that is dangerous if used by people without a physics degree. :lol:

-Phil

Who's more dumb? Someone who's (I hope) pretending not to understand what "miles per hour" means, or someone operating a video camera while driving?

Back