Should I buy 2012 SV for $16,188 (with 25,524mls)? Battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lonestar49

I have the opportunity to buy a 2012 Ocean Blue Leaf SV (wht interior) for $16,188 (25,524 miles) in SoCal (los angeles)? It has the solar panel on the roof. I'm buying it from a Volvo dealer. So it's not Certified. How do I check battery degradation? What should I know that I don't know about the purchase and ownership of this model, yr and trim.

I checked my rental house and my sockets in the kitchen are grounded. The ones in my garage are not. I'm told it is a few hundred dollars for an electrician to get that done.

Will the kitchen sockets work ok? The kitchen and driveway are connected to it would be easy to run a cord to the car through the side kitchen window for a charge. We live on the westside of LA, so weather is permitting for this. There are a number of re-charge stations nearby. But will that put a strain on the wiring in the kitchen or be factor in my electric bill?

Do I need extended warranty? which kind? (for what?) what is the best kind from dealer or elsewhere? do I need it before I drive off the lot?

Also, if there is battery degradation, how much is too much to indicate that price needs to come down or I should walk away from the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back