September Orders in October 2010

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

• Yes - in Oct

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Can RAQ, but haven't ordered yet

• No - Can RAQ, having second thoughts

• No - Can RAQ, but not ordered yet

• No - Can RAQ, having second thoughts

• Total voters
Kataphn said:
I am sure many of you may be relieved to hear....I finally got to RAQ just now! Never got an email. Whew, it's over! Maybe driving one today gave me some good mo-jo :lol:

Congratulations Kat! :D I'm so happy for you!
I received the ordering email Wed. (29th) at 3:05 PM, and have no idea what time my dashboard opened, as we were out of state and had no chance to access a comp, so I ordered just after midnight when we arrived home, and finalized it the next morning. I'm still recuperating, so I'll post the details later.[/quote]

I am very happy for you too, leaffan...what a long row to hoe this was! I am recuperating, too... :D[/quote]

LOL, I should have clarified that. We left for the Midwest around 11:30 PM MST Mon. and arrived around 3:00 PM EDT the next day without hardly any sleep (maybe 2 hrs.), and then left the next evening (Wed.). It was great to recoup the lost three hours, but the weather sucked (rainy/windy) and it lowered my resistance (only wore a suit), so I should be 'well' by Sat. or so. It will be too soon to have to go back there.

Walter this is my response to your question.

You can only request a quote from one dealer at a time. It's best to communicate with the dealer in advance of sending you quote so you don't get caught in some sort of pickle. There were many that had a hard time switching dealers after they rejected one dealers quote. So some preliminary conversations can help avoid this.

walterbays said:
I'm wondering whether you could get caught in something like this:

Dealer A ad: MSRP - $500
Dealer B ad: we will beat any price
Nissan: RAQ open
Dealer A: MSRP
You: reject. that's not what you advertised
Dealer B: MSRP + $500
You: reject. you said you'd beat them. I'm better off with A
Dealer A: MSRP + $300. sorry, that was then, this is now

This shouldn't happen - I've only seen it happen with one dealer in Texas.

I've not seen any reports of any dealer going back on their promise (check the list of dealers thread). Which city are you in ?

FAR BETTER to FIRST negotiate your deal directly (by phone) with the person handling the Dealer Dashboard (responses to the RAQs).

For quick-and-smooth ordering, DO NOT just read an ad and RAQ a dealer who has no special agreement with you.

Often dealers advertise one deal, but have better deals if asked nicely, explaining that you are a forum member, and what you have seen others get (perhaps at other dealers) here.

Be prepared to phone a half-dozen dealers if none of those listed here are close enough for you to consider.

Make the deal, verify just before submitting your RAQ, let the sales-person create your "quote", submit the RAQ, verify the dealer sees it, and even stay on the phone while they send the quote.

Then, inspect the quote, phone for any clarifications (if any), read the long Nissan "fine print", and accept the order. Call the dealer again to verify that they got your acceptance, and have submitted it (if necessary) to Nissan (if not done automaticaly). Should take 5 to 25 minutes, all done.

Then, smile, relax, relax, relax ... and then begin thinking about what you should have done differently. :)
Relax, tell somebody else before you explode, and remember to breathe! :lol:

LeafFan,

Glad you finally got to order. Now we can all sit back and wait for that GIGANTIC TRUCK to arrive with our hugh order of 2011 NISSAN LEAF vehicles.

Hope to meet you in person in TEMPE at the LEAF Test Drive Event there soon.

Art S.

Congratulations to all. Great to hear. I can imagine what a load this is off your minds.

By the way, I met a great guy from Northern Cal yesterday at Alt Car who got an August order email and no EV project involvement, and still hasn't had his dashboard open. I think he reads this forum but not heavily. He didn't seem bent out of shape about it, but I told him that I thought EVERYONE with an August order month had ordered on 8/31. I suggested he talk to an official at yesterday's show, which he did, and the Nissan guy seemed quite concerned and was helping him to escalate the issue in person as I left them.

Got to order on the 1st. I called Nissan first thing in the morning and asked to be called back. About 3pm they did and informed me my ordering was open. Now the interesting part about this, I happened to be in Santa Monica at the Alt Car Expo and had told one of the Nissan reps about it before I had heard back from Nissan. In the mean time I got to sit in the car and check it out. After I got the call I went back over to the Nissan booth and told them my ordering was apparently open and asked them if they wanted to see it, and they said they had never seen it so I opened my laptop at their desk and ordered RAQ'd right there. Interestingly enough another person came up and watched me order said he also had a Sept order date and was not able to order, I asked if he was EV Project and he indeed was.

Now the other juicy bit, I got to drive one about an hour after that! Trust me, you want one! They made it quieter than the test mule Versa I drove a few months ago. The room is great, even in the back seat. The A/C seemed adequate for Phoenix and there is a very defined coast spot on the accelerator pedal so it will be easy for us to hyper mile these cars!

They had 10 cars and I asked if they were fast charging them one at a time and they said yep. So if one CHAdeMO charger is enough to keep a fleet of 10 test drive vehicles going all day long I think we'll be in real good shape. Sadly I think I only got about 3/4 of a mile behind the wheel, but I was so excited about I literally had a dream about owning it last night.

RickS said:
They had 10 cars and I asked if they were fast charging them one at a time and they said yep. So if one CHAdeMO charger is enough to keep a fleet of 10 test drive vehicles going all day long I think we'll be in real good shape. Sadly I think I only got about 3/4 of a mile behind the wheel, but I was so excited about I literally had a dream about owning it last night.
If you had the car for 5 minutes and only traveled 3/4 mile, then the car is only traveling 9 miles every hour. At that rate it should be able to run for 10 hours without being charged at all! If the cars are as good as Nissan claims they are, they should be able to demo a fleet of 10 continuously, day and night, and use only about half the capacity of a single CHAdeMO. (If the cars run 8 hours on 80% charge, then 3 charges times 10 cars times 25 minutes = 12.5 hours charger use.)

SilverLeaf said:
LeafFan,

Glad you finally got to order. Now we can all sit back and wait for that GIGANTIC TRUCK to arrive with our hugh order of 2011 NISSAN LEAF vehicles.

Hope to meet you in person in TEMPE at the LEAF Test Drive Event there soon.

Art S.

Thanks Art! That's sometime in Dec., right? I doubt if we will have an 'open' road course, but that would be nice.

Boomer23 said:
Congratulations to all. Great to hear. I can imagine what a load this is off your minds.

By the way, I met a great guy from Northern Cal yesterday at Alt Car who got an August order email and no EV project involvement, and still hasn't had his dashboard open. I think he reads this forum but not heavily. He didn't seem bent out of shape about it, but I told him that I thought EVERYONE with an August order month had ordered on 8/31. I suggested he talk to an official at yesterday's show, which he did, and the Nissan guy seemed quite concerned and was helping him to escalate the issue in person as I left them.

Hmm, seems to fit my theory pretty well. It will be interesting if all the 'experts' are right about delivery based on reservation date/time/market. :mrgreen:

planet4ever said:
RickS said:
If you had the car for 5 minutes and only traveled 3/4 mile, then the car is only traveling 9 miles every hour. At that rate it should be able to run for 10 hours without being charged at all! If the cars are as good as Nissan claims they are, they should be able to demo a fleet of 10 continuously, day and night, and use only about half the capacity of a single CHAdeMO. (If the cars run 8 hours on 80% charge, then 3 charges times 10 cars times 25 minutes = 12.5 hours charger use.)

Yeah, but with everyone flooring it that sure doesn't help the range. I was just guessing the time and distance, I was just stoked they actually let people drive it on a regular road and not just a coned in parking lot.

Registered 3/31. Reserved 4/20. Live in Oregon. Had our assessment September 13th. ETEC pending changed to ETEC approved status on our account last week. We received our e-mail from Nissan on 10-1 and ordered our Nissan today!!

still can't...and i'm on hold with Nissan as I asked to speak to someone else.

They claimed that if I had it escalated again I'd have wait ANOTHER 24-48 hours... doesn't that make no sense whatsoever?

Argh.

I still can't order here either. I contacted live chat again today and they said they'd escalate and have somebody call me. I would imagine it won't be today at this point since they're probably gone on the east coast by now.

Back