Schneider Electric EVlink 30 Amp Level 2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epi117

Home depot has it for $699.99 best buy has it for $799.99 but will pricematch and give me 18 months zero interest? I understand car wings will not work with this unit? Is it important to have car wings?

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202963679/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=Ev+charger&storeId=10051#customer_reviews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Schneider Electric EVlink 30 Amp Level 2 Indoor Electric Vehicle Charging Station 1st Generation - Traditional Model

Bestbuy price without pricematch

http://m.bestbuy.com/m/e/product/detail.jsp?skuId=5563726&pid=1218662124010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any advice is appreciated.

Epi117 said:
I understand car wings will not work with this unit? Is it important to have car wings?

Huh? The charging station has nothing to do with Carwings. Or, am I missing something here??? :?
BTW, I have the Schneider unit, and my Carwings works just fine.

Run out of juice today - barely made it home and trickle charge will not give me enough charge before I leave for work tomorrow. Time to move on to Level 2. EVSE probably wouldn't be my choice - its' half the price of the charging station like Schneider and I will have to go through the hoops to return it by the end of the lease.
It's my understanding that Schneider second generation station is the best option out there?

I don't think you can go too wrong with the Evlink at $699. Ours has been trouble free. I'm not a EE but have talked to some who say there are aspects where Schneider went above and beyond (something about the extra fuses) and a few like Ingineer who say there have been some problems, but reports are that they stand behind the thing. The box is a bit flimsy, but the cord is heavy duty. IMO the cord will be subjected to more wear and hazards over time than the box on the wall.

We have the unit listed in the title of this message and absolutely LOVE it. We use it 1-2x per day with no issues. Sturdy cable, very nice and pleased with the unit. We paid $799 + shipping for our unit... and never looked back. GO FOR IT!

Back