SC Leafs? Just came home with an SV. not mone yet...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSXTASY

I will be driving this SV for the next week. I basically have a week to make my mind up... I read about all the deals here but Im now so confused!!! what i thought was initially a great deal (249/m 1995 down +taxes) feels likes a fool's deal now... can I lease a leaf from out of state and still get the deals others here advertise?
thanks on advance for your help...

I went almost crazy going over all the possible lease offers. Go for a zero money down offer if available. You see if you lose the car due to an accident, no insurance will cover that money down on a lease... It makes sense as long as te payment covers your current gas expenses.

In my case I decided to buy with 0 down mainly due to Georgia $5000 tax credit on top of the federal tax credit. Plus I was able to get a 2011 SL orphan with almost a $10k discount which sealed the deal. Total cost after rebates is 16.5K - not bad!

braineo said:
I went almost crazy going over all the possible lease offers. Go for a zero money down offer if available. You see if you lose the car due to an accident, no insurance will cover that money down on a lease... It makes sense as long as te payment covers your current gas expenses.

In my case I decided to buy with 0 down mainly due to Georgia $5000 tax credit on top of the federal tax credit. Plus I was able to get a 2011 SL orphan with almost a $10k discount which sealed the deal. Total cost after rebates is 16.5K - not bad!

You Sir, got my attention... reason is: this one turns out to be a 2011 as well !!! do you mind oto PM me the details about the deal you got from your dealership (copy of paperwork) ? I plan on using it to get me a similar one. If you do, I will take you and your better half out for a nice steak dinner ! deal ?

I will be driving this SV for the next week. I basically have a week to make my mind up... I read about all the deals here but Im now so confused!!! what i thought was initially a great deal (249/m 1995 down +taxes) feels likes a fool's deal now... can I lease a leaf from out of state and still get the deals others here advertise?
thanks on advance for your help...
I would think you can get a much better deal than that, especially considering it is a 2011 SV. Keep looking or push for a better lease/purchase on the one you're looking at now.

I received a phone call from dealership today asking me if I had made my mind up or not ?! I told them I just got the test drive started and another 6 days to go before I need to make up my mind... they said being end of the year, end of month, blah blah, if I come in after the 31st the deal may not be as good..
what is the best strategy to get a good deal on a lease that has worked for the Leaf ? we are looking at a 2011 SL (not SV as they told me and still think they have) with 900 miles... right now I'm at$1995 down + taxes +++ and 35 payments of $249 monthly

I received a phone call from dealership today asking me if I had made my mind up or not ?! I told them I just got the test drive started and another 6 days to go before I need to make up my mind... they said being end of the year, end of month, blah blah, if I come in after the 31st the deal may not be as good..
what is the best strategy to get a good deal on a lease that has worked for the Leaf ? we are looking at a 2011 SL (not SV as they told me and still think they have) with 900 miles... right now I'm at$1995 down + taxes +++ and 35 payments of $249 monthly
Do you have any other Nissan dealers within 60 miles of you? If so, I would send an identical email to each one of them, explaining what you are looking for.... LEAF SL or SV, 24 months, 0 down, 0 at signing.... that you want to lease before the end of the year, and you are going to do so with the dealer that offers the best lease deal. Do that tonight and you will have all of them calling you tomorrow, that is good, gets the deals-a-flowing. At least this will give you a good idea about what is really available to you in that market. Unless your market is different than Atlanta, there are far better deals to be had than the one this dealer is proposing. If there are no other dealers close by, call some of the bigger dealers in the larger cities and get their best deals, bring these to your local dealer to see if you can get some matching offers.....work it out.

gergg said:
Do you have any other Nissan dealers within 60 miles of you? If so, I would send an identical email to each one of them, explaining what you are looking for.... LEAF SL or SV, 24 months, 0 down, 0 at signing.... that you want to lease before the end of the year, and you are going to do so with the dealer that offers the best lease deal. Do that tonight and you will have all of them calling you tomorrow, that is good, gets the deals-a-flowing. At least this will give you a good idea about what is really available to you in that market. Unless your market is different than Atlanta, there are far better deals to be had than the one this dealer is proposing. If there are no other dealers close by, call some of the bigger dealers in the larger cities and get their best deals, bring these to your local dealer to see if you can get some matching offers.....work it out.

thank you! great advice ! I will post what unravels...

Dealers *do* receive incentives from Nissan Corporate, and these *do* (or at least "can") change on a monthly basis. So when a dealer says that the deal may change at the end of the month they are not completely and totally jacking you around... if they are willing to sell you a car at $500 profit on Octomobember 29th, and the incentives that they get from Nissan change by $300 at the end of the month, they may well not be willing to sell you the same car on the 1st of the next month and only clear $200 in profit.

Of course, in general no one is ever obligated to do anything until the ink is on the paper, but do be aware that the incentives can change and this legitimately impacts what the dealer can offer and still make a profit on what they're selling.

Last week during Sunday night football(in between the 500 ads for Altima clearance leases) Nissan ran an ad saying leave a 2012 LEAF for $0 down $199/month offer good until Jan 2nd. Would assume an SV in the fine print. I planned to pause it and read the fine print, but it only ran once & I was watching on the TV that had no DVR when it ran.

On Dec 30/31 you really do get the best deals of the year & wouldn't imagine paying more than a national advertisement showed.

Philip

philipscoggins said:
Last week during Sunday night football(in between the 500 ads for Altima clearance leases) Nissan ran an ad saying leave a 2012 LEAF for $0 down $199/month offer good until Jan 2nd. Would assume an SV in the fine print. I planned to pause it and read the fine print, but it only ran once & I was watching on the TV that had no DVR when it ran.

On Dec 30/31 you really do get the best deals of the year & wouldn't imagine paying more than a national advertisement showed.

Philip

awesome! thank you for the heads up!

Back