SC Leaf SV potential owner first impressions

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gergg said:
If they drop the monthly payment to under $200/m with a maximum of $1250 "out the door" (including 1st payment) at sign up, we will lease this 2011 SL. Otherwise fine, we dont have to have it...

If they don't do that I will be shocked, quite frankly I think you should be able to do a lot better on a 2011. Make them an offer under $200/m with 0 down and 0 at closing, just walk if they don't accept it, no harm if they don't take it.....
that's my plan.
why don't you look at a 2012? Seems like there are deals out there close to what you are thinking about accepting on the 2011.
where ? I havent found any here locally... they want 249/m with $2k down. Not a bad deal in itself, as this is what drew me into the dealership in the first place. But if you look at the above link I posted, the retaining value is 50ish% after the first 24 months. Then for the next 24 months, it only drops 10% to 40ish%. Since in a lease one is paying for use and depreciation, the 10% over 24 months on a 2011 should be 5 times a better deal than a 2013 or about 3 times better than on a 2012... This is the reason I'm looking at this 2011. In theory the $249/m + 2k down should be $50/m and 1.8k down but I know they wont do this mainly because this 2011 just turned 1,000 miles on the clock, not the 24k-30k it should have based on the lease projection.
In any case, I 'm willing to accept under $200/m with 1.25k down. If there is such a deal on a 2012, please share as I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Stoaty said:
NSXTASY said:
We made it home with 3 bars (2 red, 1 normal) left and 14 miles to empty.
We don't consider the "red" bars to have any significance and don't report them that way. If you had 3 bars left (which may have been just over 2 bars, you can find out by turning the Leaf off and then on again and it will round down if you have less than 2.5 bars left), you had plenty. Don't pay any attention to the Guess-o-meter (Distance to Empty). Your best bet is to pay attention to the Low Battery Warning (you have 17% left then) and Very Low Battery Warning (8.5% left then). At VLBW, you better be within a very few miles of your destination.

Today I tried to simulate the wife's daily commute. After being fully charged, I got the "Low Battery warning" as soon as it went under 8 miles, then the "---" (Very Low ?) as I was tuning into the driveway . I did a total of 68.x miles from full. The numbers were flashing since it showed 7 miles, along with a yellow gas station icon and a danger icon above. I can tell the LEAF likes secondary roads (~45mph) way better than highways (~65-70 mph). The commute is about 2 thirds higway and 1 third secondary and city roads. The miles on the guess-o-meter where dropping like kilometers on the highway but the last 5 miles (on secondary roads and city traffic) actually lasted for 7 or 8 miles
So when one sees the "---"how many miles sare approximately left in reality in the city? on the highway ?

where ? I havent found any here locally... they want 249/m with $2k down
Atlanta area, these lease bargains come and go, I have no idea what is here now, maybe SC dealers don't have the incentives that Georgia dealers have?

gergg said:
where ? I havent found any here locally... they want 249/m with $2k down
Atlanta area, these lease bargains come and go, I have no idea what is here now, maybe SC dealers don't have the incentives that Georgia dealers have?

thank you for the heads up... the last one advertised in the ATL area ($179 with $2775 down see http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is equivalent to $212/m with equivalent down ($2k) or $242/m with the max down ($1250) Im willing to pay... I will keep my eyes open...

thank you for the heads up... the last one advertised in the ATL area ($179 with $2775 down see viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10935) is equivalent to $212/m with equivalent down ($2k) or $242/m with the max down ($1250) Im willing to pay... I will keep my eyes open...
The best I ran into on an SL was $99/m 3,229 down...or 252/m all in....one was advertised the other was just negotiated. I read on here today the Sutherlin in Atlanta area was offering somewhere around 225/m, not sure of the details but worth a call.

NSXTASY said:
So when one sees the "---"how many miles sare approximately left in reality in the city? on the highway ?
The TonyWilliams rule, which I think is a good one, is that if you continue driving the same way you will get half as many miles from VLBW to Turtle as you got from LBW to VLBW.
VLBW = Very Low Battery Warning, and is when you first see "---".
LBW = Low Battery Warning, and is when the number starts flashing.

I usually try not to go below VLBW, though it happens I did go 3 miles beyond it this morning. I took our son to the airport, and had to rush to get there on time, plus my wife came with us and insisted on having the heater on.

Ray

planet4ever said:
NSXTASY said:
The TonyWilliams rule, which I think is a good one, is that if you continue driving the same way you will get half as many miles from VLBW to Turtle as you got from LBW to VLBW.
VLBW = Very Low Battery Warning, and is when you first see "---".
LBW = Low Battery Warning, and is when the number starts flashing.

I usually try not to go below VLBW, though it happens I did go 3 miles beyond it this morning. I took our son to the airport, and had to rush to get there on time, plus my wife came with us and insisted on having the heater on.

Ray

Great rule of thumb ! I found the chart which is very informative and probably more accurate, but I like this because of its simplicity and convenience (no need to pull out a chart while your better half is stressing out and you too). So I basically did 10 miles or so from LBW to VLBW, so I would have been able to do another 5 when I saw the "---" till turtle and maybe another 0.5 to one mile if lucky. This helps a lot for next time ! Thank you !

While you can drive a few miles from VLBW to Turtle, I would suggest that you better be in front of a working charger when you hit VLBW.

NSXTASY said:
Im getting ready to visit the dealership ! whish me luck !
At the stealership right now. The LEAF I'm currentlty driving is not for sale /lease anymore (at least until they get hold of the GM who is off course not here but will call me back later, whatever). In the mean time, they try to work with the numbers to get me into a "newer/better" LEAF... Let's see if they can (I highly doubt it). Interesting they are not in a hurry to deal although end of the month and year... oh well... we'll see how things develop

update: they came back with firsst offer: $407/m with 0 down or $365 with $1000 down for 39 months, 15k/y... Told them no and where we need to be (under $1250 down out the door and 200/m or less with 12k/y and 24 or 36 -39 months

second update: 0 down and 279/m or 1250 down with 221/month for 24 months 0 down, everything included. It's an extra 480 over 24 months I planned on paying...

third update: 0 down and 265/m everything included. I said as long as no disposition fee at the end of the lease, we're in business. Thery're checking on this right now (they were not even aware what a disposition fee is ! is it even legal not to make this aware to the customer before he/she can make their decision ?)

ok, Im the proud leasee of 2012 White Nissan LEAF SV # 18902 . We'll be getting delivery this afternoon. Here is the deal
2012 LEAF SV
24 month leas
12k miles/yea
0 down
$265/m including EVERYTHING (First month Tax, title, tag, dealer fees, even end of lease disposition fee of $395 value)
23 months left to pay

ok, Im the proud leasee of 2012 White Nissan LEAF SV # 18902 . We'll be getting delivery this afternoon. Here is the deal
2012 LEAF SV
24 month leas
12k miles/yea
0 down
$265/m including EVERYTHING (First month Tax, title, tag, dealer fees, even end of lease disposition fee of $395 value)
23 months left to pay
Seems like a fair deal, congrats.

I think you will be happier with your 2012, given the heated steering wheel and heated seats. It will allow you to drive without using the heater, except for brief defrosting, much of the time if you are dressed moderately warmly. On short commute days, you don't really need to worry about it, just run the heater as you wish. Also, be aware that you can preheat the car while still plugged-in via a LEAF timer or by Carwings and a computer or smart phone. Not only does that help with range, since the heat electricity is coming from the "wall" not the battery, getting into a warm car in cold weather is quite pleasant!

Since you already had the fogged windshield problem in your test car, be aware that if the car gets humid inside it will help to dry it out before using it again. If you have a garage, you can just leave the windows open while parked, assuming the humidity is lower there than inside the car, which is usually the case in winter. (I presume that fogged windows won't be a problem during your humid summers!)

dgpcolorado said:
I think you will be happier with your 2012, given the heated steering wheel and heated seats. It will allow you to drive without using the heater, except for brief defrosting, much of the time if you are dressed moderately warmly. On short commute days, you don't really need to worry about it, just run the heater as you wish. Also, be aware that you can preheat the car while still plugged-in via a LEAF timer or by Carwings and a computer or smart phone. Not only does that help with range, since the heat electricity is coming from the "wall" not the battery, getting into a warm car in cold weather is quite pleasant!

Since you already had the fogged windshield problem in your test car, be aware that if the car gets humid inside it will help to dry it out before using it again. If you have a garage, you can just leave the windows open while parked, assuming the humidity is lower there than inside the car, which is usually the case in winter. (I presume that fogged windows won't be a problem during your humid summers!)
Thank you your post and advice. I believe you are correct. I haven't had a fogging issue with the 2012 yet. My morning commute (10 miles) cost me just a bit over 2 kWh or 25 cents (was $1.75 @ 20 mpg before the leaf) ... you gotta love this !

with heater on and driving eco-carelessly I am using just under 3 kWh per commute trip... I find it very difficult not to try and "stick it" :lol: to the unsuspecting ICE-ers who tailgate me to the red light, then move next to me thinking they will be able to easily overtake me as soon as the light turns green... yesterday evening I had a young guy with a Mini try this 3 times before giving up :twisted:

Back