Saw this Headline today online

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greengate said:
LeftieBiker said:
Since the US has been meddling, over the decades - lethally and illegally - in the affairs of the countries from which these children are coming, it seems pretty pathetic to call *them* "criminals." But then the US has always been short on charity and long on military "intervention."
+1 We have some SERIOUS karma coming our way and this is one example.

Just heard on NPR that many kids from Central America that are comming here are comming here to escape the violence, which by one account, is caused by US deportation of criminals into those countries. Imagine living in an environment where thousands of dangerous criminals from America are off-loaded by the plane-ful every month...for the last 20 years.

Talk about SERIOUS karma.

Most of these kids are comming here for basically for the same reason as war-refugees do, whether you call it something else or not. My family came to the US as refugees...I guess we were "lucky" enough to by-pass that 10-year wait for legal immigrant status. We surely like to think we're not criminals, and we've become very productive citizens, even if we got to jump the line. Life is not fair. All we can do is use our humanity (not religion) to help others who are not as lucky.

But the question that begs to be asked is, "Why is there a sudden influx of these unacompanied minors crossing our border illegally? No matter how sorry you feel for them and their condition in their own country, what they claim to be running from has existed for many, many years. Why now???

Graffi said:
But the question that begs to be asked is, "Why is there a sudden influx of these unacompanied minors crossing our border illegally? No matter how sorry you feel for them and their condition in their own country, what they claim to be running from has existed for many, many years. Why now???

Accumulation to a critical point in a complex non-linear system...? You dont assume this is coordinated somehow??

Once critical mass for the rumors (e.g. that people start believe that the minors will be able to stay) has been reached, everyone will be on their feet.

Back