Santa Barbara Earthday/Green car show April 16-17, 2011

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgoleta

For anyone in the Santa Barbara area the weekend of April 16. The Community Environmental Coucil is having its 12th annual green car show as part of the Santa Barbara Earthday Festival on April 16th and 17th in Alameda Park by downtown Santa Barbara.

http://sbearthday.org/
http://sbearthday.org/festival-highlights/green-car-show

Nissan is providing a LEAF for the ride and drive event.

Gee, with only 1 well-placed QC station (maybe on 101 just north of LA), I could probably make it to the Santa Barbara Earth Day from Orange County. However, I would need a 2nd QC in Santa Barbara to recharge for local driving, and recharge again before starting the 130-mile trip back home. A couple of extra QC along the way would help with the hills.

Hopefully, that will be possible ... before "too long".

However, even with abundent L2 available, I am effectively "home-locked", because it just takes WAY too long to recharge, even once! No, even "6.6 kW" charging will change that. We need QC (or VQC: Very Quick Charge).

The UK has the right idea, a QC at every dealer.

garygid said:
Gee, with only 1 well-placed QC station (maybe on 101 just north of LA), I could probably make it to the Santa Barbara Earth Day from Orange County. However, I would need a 2nd QC in Santa Barbara to recharge for local driving, and recharge again before starting the 130-mile trip back home. A couple of extra QC along the way would help with the hills.

Hopefully, that will be possible ... before "too long".

However, even with abundent L2 available, I am effectively "home-locked", because it just takes WAY too long to recharge, even once! No, even "6.6 kW" charging will change that. We need QC (or VQC: Very Quick Charge).

The UK has the right idea, a QC at every dealer.

It would be nice. It will be awhile before they have a 101 corridor in place. Right now if feels like I live on an (EV) island.

mgoleta,
I know what you mean about being on an "island" ... I feel the same way here on the central coast. I will have my LEAF at the local Earth Day celebration at our regional park. I am looking forward to talking with folks about this car!

Earth day in olympia turned out to be one of he warmest days so far this year. Was a bit gloomy in the morning but still got to town with quite a few people and even got invited to speak at a function in june!

Nissan provided a LEAF for drive and ride. There were approximately 80 LEAF test drives during the Green Car show last weekend. Thank you Nissan for providing the LEAF for the test drives.

Back