Sacramento Area Gathering #3.5 , August 20 Cal Expo REI

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeParrott

Fellow Leaf drivers in the greater Sacramento area, I just this morning got confirmation that we are approved by the Cal Expo REI store management for our second "Driver's Gathering" in the parking lot in front of the REI store (Cal Expo location) for 20 August.

I propose we arrive around 9:45 am to get parking organized; I will bring donuts for the first arrivals as a reward ! Socialize and hang around from 10 am to 1 pm (please) for conversations with interested drivers that have still not discovered the option of "clean electric cars" for our area.

I have gotten handout brochures from Nissan on the Leaf and from Chevy for the Volt, so these will be available to distribute. Bring your sunscreen and a folding chair, and let's see HOW MANY of us will come out for a morning of "show and tell."

SMUD and the Air Resources Board should also be able to make this gathering to lend their expertise to promoting "clean driving."

Cal Expo REI, front parking lot
9:45am to 1 pm or as long as your patience persists
Show and Tell the "unwashed" about driving greener
Leaf, Volt, Tesla, and maybe even a Mitsubishi "i" ????

Thanks George for making these efforts. I am looking forward to attending this meeting this time.

I think the goal is to promote public awareness and outreach. Unfortunately, there just aren't a lot of public places with L2 charges right now. You could come, park your car somewhere to charge and catch a ride there with someone else. But you wouldn't be able to show your car. But if your goal is just to socialize, that's fine. :D

I plan to attend, especially now that I finally have a LEAF. 46 miles from my home in Grass Valley (half way to Auburn) mostly downhill should be no problem. Another 23 miles should get me back to the Roseville Galleria for a charge to get me back up the hill. I got my car on the 1st of July and it has been great, but, living in the hills dramatically effects range.

According to the Charge Point America map

http://chargepointamerica.com/charging-find-stations.php

There is a Level 2/J1772 charge point about a half-mile from the REI/Cal Expo store at a Marriot Hotel.

Name: COURTYARD EXPO / MARRIOTTCALEXPO
Address: 1782 Tribute Rd, Sacramento, California 95815, United States
Description: Marriott Sacramento Cal Expo
Status as of: 2011-07-17 14:27:37 (PDT)
Port 1: 120V, 16A, NEMA 5-20R:Available
Port 2: 208/240V, 30A, J1772:Available
Access: Unrestricted
Action: Get Directions
Price: Free

I will check this out directly in the next week !

GeorgeParrott said:
According to the Charge Point America map .... There is a Level 2/J1772 charge point about a half-mile from the REI/Cal Expo store at a Marriot Hotel.
I have used that one ... works fine. Provides 208V (nominal), less actual. Someone with a clamp-on ammeter and a LEAF could tell us how much current gets drawn when presented with a 30A pilot :idea: (See other threads http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4677 and http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4549&start=28)

I'm not sure yet if I'll be attending. Probably, but my anti-social tendencies are getting the best of me. We had so much of a turnout last time that I know you'd get along just fine without me. :D

@GeekEV,

Don't even think that way !!!!

YOU are part of "the core" of this group, and we wouldn't be the same without your presence !!!!

There, now, don't you feel more "appreciated?"

Looks like we are going to get token "sponsorship support" from the "Sacramento Clean Air Coalition." They are going to do an email promotion of our gathering AND they are going to cover "refreshments" for inducing more attendees to come and see the cars. We will be able to offer soft drinks and cookies/donuts to upwards of 200 attendees !!!!!

And we are probably going to get a banner to promote drivebys coming to actually see us.

I am even trying to get a Mitsubishi "i" or i-MIEV to be there, but that is still more of a hope than a promise.

Again, please confirm your plans to attend and plan to arrive by 9:45 am to organize the parking/display area. This is only planned to go to 1 pm, so we will be able to escape the sun and heat ourselves before we all become toast.

Attendees...

I am taking "special orders" for donuts to reward the early arrivals. So anybody have personal preferences for what kind of donuts will be in the box?

My own choice is a "triple chocolate," as it is a square dough thingy with chocolate frosting, chocolate chips and chocolate INSIDE!

They also do really good maple frosting choices!!!!

Special orders will be addressed, for sure !

Back