rigid seat belt extenders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvansvilleLeaf

I am hemiplegic with minimal right hand function. To fasten a seatbelt I need a rigid seat belt extender. Not like the ones on airplanes but a stiff arm with a seatbelt receptacle on the other end. My other cars all have the ones from the companies Seat Belt Extender Pros or OEM Extenders. However the Leaf seat belt buckle will not fit securely latched in that receptacle. The male end of the extender will go into the Leaf receptacle just fine but it seems like the tongue of the male part of the Leaf seat belt is shorter than other cars or perhaps too rounded at the shoulders to go all the way in.

does anybody have any words of wisdom? I had contemplated dremeling the curve where the male protrusion of the Leaf buckle flattens out as that seems to be different from other seat belts I have. I am sure some safety maven will tell me thats a bad idea but I am also sure it will make almost no difference. However a more manufactured solution would be better.Any ideas appreciated.

Back