Revenge of the Electric Car-Los Angeles Showing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kataphn

Anyone interested in going to the evening show (provided there is an evening time) for the Friday Oct. 21 opening of the film at the Landmark Nuart at 11272 Santa Monica Blvd. LA, just west of the 405 freeway (310-281-8223)? I will keep looking for posted showing times as it gets closer to Oct. 21 and see who wants to join me for the show. Going in our LEAF, of course! :D

I would love to but being 60 miles away I would need an L3 charge for the quick turn home.

I hope someday soon L3 is so available that we can all laugh at this post and say "Remember when... ".

I'd love to attend but I am also 50 fwy miles away and would need at least a two hour L2 charge. Carpool sounds like a great idea.

garygid suggests calling driving to another Leafer's house and using their car to get to the out of range destination- "leaf frogging."

laalan said:
Hoping we can get a private showing closer to Orange County! Enjoyed your pictures at today's meet up.

They should rent one of those big blow up movie screens and put it in a parking lot and all of us with our Leafs create our own drive-in.

My wife and I would like to go as well. We are only about 20 miles away.. so no problem for us to make it in the LEAF (we actually saw a show there a few weeks back). Let us know if you hear more info about tickets. Should be fun!

-Peter

z0ner said:
I'd love to attend but I am also 50 fwy miles away and would need at least a two hour L2 charge. Carpool sounds like a great idea.

Isn't the movie 2 hours long? ;) park at 3rd street

EDIT: nevermind... its on SM blvd not in SM.

I'd like to go, it just depends on the time due to my work schedule. If it looks clear as we get closer I may be able to be a leaf-frog point.

Also as a heads up the Helms Bakery complex (where Father's Office is) in Culver City now has 2 new ClipperCreek J1772 chargers which is sort of in the general vicinity.

I could fly from Burbank or Whitman to SMO... Just kidding! :lol:

Actually, I'm presenting scheduled to work until 7pm or so that day so I likely can't make it...

TonyWilliams said:
I can probably be talked into flying a group from San Diego MYF airport to SMO.

Devin said:
I'd like to go, it just depends on the time due to my work schedule. If it looks clear as we get closer I may be able to be a leaf-frog point.

Also as a heads up the Helms Bakery complex (where Father's Office is) in Culver City now has 2 new ClipperCreek J1772 chargers which is sort of in the general vicinity.
Lots of great eateries around there--It also looks like one could park at the opposing non EV spot and leave a welcome to unplug note. Another preferred LEAF social recreation destination along with Malibu. Thanks.

Devin said:
This location could be useful for this event or for the future. I verified the exact coordinates on Google Earth. Thanks also for highlighting the CarStations data-base, which was new to me.

There may be other local showings as well. We would still like to go to this Oct. 21 Nuart showing if possible. I will keep alert as the date approaches to check their schedule for that day and post here. We will likely go to an evening show Oct. 21 if they have one. Anyone who wants to can L2 or L1 charge at our house prior to the film (or after for that matter). We live just south of the 10 freeway between Santa Monica and downtown LA. PM me as it gets closer to Oct. 21 if you want to do this.

Looks like the tickets are available for purchase on the Nuart website. On Friday the 21st, they only have showtimes listed for the 5:10 and 9:50 showing. I don't think I can make it to the 5:10. I did notice that it looks like the movie will be showing at the theater through Oct. 27th. I wonder if it would be easier for folks to go if we went on Saturday? I wonder if there will be any press or filmmakers there on Friday. I also wonder why there is no 7pm showing. Could that be a private screening?

Who is interested in going?

-Peter

Back