Resale valuation impact of "Buyback/Lemon" status

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright I didn't buy it. Hope I made the decision...I'd negotiated it to $10.4k but then turned it down. Someone else has taken it for $11.5k (good for the dealer I guess).

There will be another!

We paid $9900 for our '12 SL a few months back. I'm noticing that there aren't as many under 10k in our area now. Dealer down the street has 3 he has been sitting on for a few months. Almost bought his '13- SL. It's black and has QC and the trunk storage caddy, etc. He wants 12,500.

I too have been shopping for a good deal on a used Leaf here in C Fla. OP, hope you are not too disappointed, losing the car. I have watched as the local (50 mi radius) of used Leafs has shrunk drastically over the last month or so. I test drove a 12 SL last week with less than 5K miles and passed because I felt the dealer was asking too much OTD.

I've decided that I am not going to settle anymore. If I am going to buy it will be what I want, in the color I want it and not what the dealer happens to have. I am not alone in my endeavors as evidenced by the drop in quality used vehicles. IMHO the used Leaf market is heating up and depreciation may be slowing, stabilizing prices.

FWIW, we bought a new SV in May for cheap. With cheap gas, both Nissan and the dealer discounted deep.

Back