Replaced the battery in my 2011 (40kWh) Leafspy not working correcly

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowthom

Hello fellow leaf brain trust. Yep I did it, took my 2011 leaf to EVRides LLC and had them replace the battery. Battery came out of a wrecked leaf with 500 miles on it. GOM shows 160 mile range but it drove 120 to LBW. 2011 GOM has always been “optimistic” to say the least.
Leafspy does not work properly. It won’t save data in the settings and the displays are wonky. Setting the year to 2018 helps but it flashes between two values for battery capacity and all related screens flash back and forth also.
Is there any hope of having the developer help us early adopters get good data out of our cars?

Hello,
More info gathered today. Drove from Portland to Salem (48 miles) and back to the Blink DCFC at Willsonville. Leafspy was reporting ~ 50% SOC but when I plugged in to charge the Blink reported the battery was at 96% and therefore did not charge. Also the battery charge bars in the dash stayed at 12 until the battery dropped below 19 kWH remaining then dropped as they normally would with a 21.5 (24) kWh battery.

So it would seem the Chadamo port is not seeing data from the 40 kWh pack but rather the data from the onboard charger which is not being converted properly through the “interface module” installed with the battery.

Interesting programming problem.

The numbers are ultimately affected by the CAN-bridge that was installed...and I don't know what they use.
In my case, if I set the model year and battery type in LeafSpy (and save it), I can "recall" it every time I use it for correct numbers. I have Dala's CAN-bridge.

bowthom said:
GOM shows 160 mile range but it drove 120 to LBW.

That does not mean anything, least of all a malfunction.
What choices do you have for a SoC-meter, and how well do they function ?

Second, I'm surprised you are asking here and not calling your installer. The installer would know if your situation is expected, and if so, the best ways for dealing with it.

Last, if you want additional R&D, pay the developer.

Back