Replace seat vs DIY seat heaters

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matth

I've been planning (and planning...) to add seat heaters to my 2011 SL.

I recently was offered a pair of seats from a semi-junked 2012 or 2013 that the current owner is parting out to electrify a former gas car. Any advice on the advantages/disadvantages of replacing the seats vs retrofitting a seat heater? I don't know at this point what he wants for the seats.

On a related note, is it possible to swap out the steering wheel so that I would also have a heated steering wheel?

Thanks

Whatever you do, don't get the heaters (or maybe just avoid the 'thermostat') from a 2013, they seem to have issues.

Forget the steering wheel, you live in Berkeley and it would be a nightmare. If the seats are cheap it could save time otherwise DIY, they likely will work better and are not expensive.

I have a 2013 leaf and I found a way to live with a seat heaters all you do is enjoy them when they work and ignore them when they don't.they never stay cold forever and will warm back up eventually.

If you remove or replace the seat you need to "Zero out" the seats sensor for the airbag say the service manual. I think only Nissan can do this for you, leaf spy and the others app dont touch the service side yet.

You just need to remove the connection to the 12V battery and then after the car is all put back together then hook up the 12V battery and it'll never know.

GoneSilent said:
If you remove or replace the seat you need to "Zero out" the seats sensor for the airbag say the service manual. I think only Nissan can do this for you, leaf spy and the others app dont touch the service side yet.

Back