Remove display of "SiriusXM subscription expired"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillAinCT

Last week I get the popup "SXM subscription expired. Tune to channel 1" blah blah. This was probably on the expiration of the trial, but, I have a paid up subsciption. I've used phone and computer chat with SXM 3 times and, being positive, they were useless. I got the "refresh your radio" spiel every time which I've done like 10 times. And, holding the power button for 10 seconds to restart the nav (which I didn't know I could do) and still I get the message. Normally I'd just ignore it, but it covers the nav larger center block which I had the local weather configured.

Another post about stuck PathFinder SXM nav notices mentioned having to go to the dealer. I hope that's not my solution - that's ridiculous!

Everybody gets the free SXM trial and they must get this message when it expires. Did any of you get it to go away or was it stuck on?

Would it help to pull the nav fuse or disconnect the 12V battery?

Thank you.

I had the same issue and wondered about it just as you do. Somehow it went away for me. Sorry for not having any clue as to how & why but just wanted to let you know it can go away and should.

I got this message on the day that my trial XM subscription expired. It has gone "away".

But I would like to get rid of the option to configure any of the XM apps on the main screen since I don't use or plan to use any of the XM services. I'm sure it's not possible (without some sort of firmware change), but it would be nice to remove all mention of XM stuff on the infotainment screen. Note, I already removed any of the "gadgets" that were configured on the main screen by me. I had tried a few of them out when I first got my car and didn't really find any of the gadgets useful. I find the weather app on my phone to be more useful for example. I also have the tech package option on my car and I use Android Auto. But I'm still figuring that out and will search here on this website looking for info on Android Auto.

But in the meantime I'm hoping that the expired XM subscription doesn't get in the way of using the infotainment system.

Thanks,
--jan

Must be a new thing; I don't recall seeing this on either of my LEAFs (2012, 2015). I did, however, receive endless mailings to "come back", etc... I guess they decided that wasn't pushy enough.

Back