Remote stop charge request - does it exist?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taloyd

Hello,

I know how to charge to a variable percentage (besides the 80% and 100% available in the interface), but want to know if there's a way to send a stop charge request - that way I can charge to 100% and simply stop it when it gets where I want it. I can monitor it using the excellent LEAF Notification App by Jonathan Warner (thanks SO much - it's perfect!).

The way I charge to between 80% and 100% is to have only one charge timer set for 10 - 30 minutes set to 100% - but then set the CAR itself to 80%, and hit the charge overide button every time I plug it in. This is, indeed, annoying. Doesn't bother me much at home, but at work the chargers aren't so close so it's a bit of a walk every time.

Let me know. I did search the forums and the web and didn't find anything. Of course searching for such generic terms as stop, charge, and request is a dubious task even with the strategic use of quotation marks...

Best,
Tal

ps: Would be SO lovely if there was simply a variable setting instead of dumbing it down to two buttons. Everything is a compromise.
pps: Except for avocados - they're perfect.

I do not know whether this would work because I never tried it. You could turn the climate control on and then off after it starts. Maybe worth a try. It might interrupt the charging so that it doesn't restart... maybe.

kovalb said:
I do not know whether this would work because I never tried it. You could turn the climate control on and then off after it starts. Maybe worth a try. It might interrupt the charging so that it doesn't restart... maybe.
Nope. It'll keep on charging.

Back