remote climate control on

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

premeir620

2013 Leaf SL
why does remote function only use resistive heaters and not efficient heat pump.
Without remote climate starting heat uses heat pump

Maybe because when it is plugged in battery loss isn't an issue and the regular heater is faster? All this time I thought that the 2013 had a head pump heater IN PLACE OF the regular heater. I didn't think it had both.

2013 SV and SL have both. The heat pump doesn't work well below about 0 degrees and the resistive heater is needed at very cold temps. The S has only the resistive heater, like all the 2011 and 2012 Leafs.

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. On battery at a parking lot, not plugged in when remotely activated it goes right to resistive heat 4 KW draw. If I turn on in car on battery it goes to heat pump and uses 0.5 KW high efficiency at 42°F ambient temp set to 67°F

you can actually turn the preheating of the cabin remotely without it being pluged in? on 2013 model only?

How bad does it effect the range then say in 15 minutes?

shima said:
you can actually turn the preheating of the cabin remotely without it being pluged in? on 2013 model only?

How bad does it effect the range then say in 15 minutes?

You have to set a timer in Carwings for it, every time you use it. On my '12 it uses about a bar or two, so about 10 miles +/- of winter range. (13km)

When activated vie Carwings, the climate control will turn off automatically after 15 minutes to stop from draining the battery. I didn't realize that it was just the resistive heater running...

premeir620 said:
2013 Leaf SL
why does remote function only use resistive heaters and not efficient heat pump.
Without remote climate starting heat uses heat pump

That explains why my car sounds different when heating via the remote climate option. It is almost silent when I use the app but it sounds similar to an AC unit when I start the car and heat. Also I noticed when plugged in it will use more power than my EVSE can supply so I lose a small amount of battery power over time.

Mystery solved, onto the next one.

Back