Recent Pleasant Blink Experience

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baumgrenze

Our overall Blink Network experience (we started with the EV Project in January 2012) has been 'up-and-down' to be charitable.

That said, I am pleased to report that our Model WE-30Ckre Blink has been restored from 'dumb' to functioning again. I'd given up when it appeared that the SD card had failed. Out of the blue, in early March I found an email from Mark Hubbard of Blink stating that he was the new Service Manager and that Blink was trying to move in the 'right direction.' I shared our experience and the next thing I knew he'd sent me a new SD card to install. Once installed, and once I'd been told to be careful not to tighten down the white shroud too tight as that interferes with the functioning of the touch screen response, and, once they corrected the inability of the terminal to find a DNS during the last reboot I ran, not that the let me know that I was now connected, the terminal seems to be functioning as intended. I've checked the 'dashboard' at the Blink network and it seems to be recording charging sessions again.

Did I read somewhere that there is an iPhone app that will allow a home terminal to send a text message saying that the charge is complete? If so, what is it called. Perhaps I will download and install it just to further test the completeness of the connection.

Thank you Blink for getting back to me when I no longer expected it.

Back