Recall Notice ID# R1911

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanuckEVDriver

Just received a recall notice (#R1911) about the backup camera display (the main infotainment display).

Looking around for more information about this recall, I found this link on CBS's website about the Nissan Recall...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nissan...23-million-vehicles-for-faulty-backup-camera/

It appears that we can make changes for the view of the backup camera and the settings remain the same as we continue to use the camera every time we engage the reverse gear. For some reason, someone has deemed this to be a problem.

Personally, I have disabled the curving lines when I reverse, as I have been used to using the straight lines when I back up from my 2013 RAV4. I found the curving lines to be distracting as I make a perfect parking job with just the straight lines. I would hate to keep turning off the curving lines every time I back up.

CanuckEVDriver said:
Just received a recall notice (#R1911) about the backup camera display (the main infotainment display).

Looking around for more information about this recall, I found this link on CBS's website about the Nissan Recall...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nissan...23-million-vehicles-for-faulty-backup-camera/

It appears that we can make changes for the view of the backup camera and the settings remain the same as we continue to use the camera every time we engage the reverse gear. For some reason, someone has deemed this to be a problem.

Personally, I have disabled the curving lines when I reverse, as I have been used to using the straight lines when I back up from my 2013 RAV4. I found the curving lines to be distracting as I make a perfect parking job with just the straight lines. I would hate to keep turning off the curving lines every time I back up.

I was the same as my Van had straight lines but at some point I accidentally switched the curved lines back on and now prefer them. It's like the ePedal, it took some getting used to, but now I think it is better.

Back