range, charge time, trip time, used leaf 200 miles from home

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aluminumwelder said:
I would just get it delivered, car transport company could probably do it for $300 to $400. I had an electric motorcycle delivered from MA to NC years ago cost around $400, bought it sight unseen as well.

Well buying a used leaf isn't something I'm willing to do sight unseen. I want to know if it has a quickcharge port or not (and many dealers can't accurately answer that). I want to confirm it has a working EVSE by way of testing a charge. I want to confirm the SD card is present for the mapping system in the dash (this is often removed and costs hundreds to replace). I want to confirm it is cold weather friendly by checking for heated steering wheel/seats. I want to confirm battery degredation by way of a ODBII dongle and leafspy app. I want to confirm warranty status by way of getting a print out at the nearest Nissan dealer (usually one within a couple of miles of a used car dealer). I want to inspect the car for damage. And depending what I see I might even want to ask for a reduced price if the condition doesn't meet my expectations from the online ad.

So say I do all that in person then want to get the car hauled. What reputable company can I call on Friday afternoon that can haul the car right behind me so that I have the car at my house without leaving it at the dealer uninsured? I suppose I could just add it to an insurance policy online and get proof of insurance from geico/esurance/progressive on the spot and then leave it at the dealers to hold until a shipping company showed up but that isn't the safest bet as the conversation with the insurance adjuster will go south if someone damaged the car or stole the car while it was unattended in another state.

It's a lot simpler in many ways if I can just drive it home. I'll still have to get it insured before driving home but at least I'll have it in my possession.

Or maybe it really is that easy to ship a car on Friday afternoon. Let me know if I'm wrong.

I just went and googled and came up with https://www.uship.com/quotes/view.aspx?c=79&z1=28601&z2=37923&country1ID=1&country2ID=1&a_year=2011&a_make=49&a_model=15314&a_running=true&qrid=55108f9d09bc8b12605ff617" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

saying that it'd be 3 days minimum notice starting on a Monday, so I have to pay for the car and leave it with the dealer for 3 days? Definitely inside your cost estimate. But would it be even longer if the request comes in on Friday?

Back