Random Volt Order Inquiry

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

I just wanted to share some perspective with the Leaf community on their current order and delivery situation. I made an inquiry from a dealer in one of their 7 initial delivery markets/states and this is the answer I received:

"We have 3 Volts in stock but they are all pre-sold orders.  At least two of them are scheduled to be picked up by customers today.  We currently have a list of those who are interested in ordering the Volt so I can put you on the order list but I cannot guarantee when we will be able to place your order.  Right now we have a list of about 20 people or so and we are only allocated 13 Volts for calendar year 2011 so we may not be able to order your vehicle until the summer or even later and it may be a 2012 model. However, we go through each name on the list and we are finding that some people are no longer interested in ordering the Volt.  At that point, we go to the next person on the list, and so on until someone is ready to place the order.  If you would like to be added to the list, I need your full name, address, at least one valid phone number where you can be reached, and your email address (which I have).  Please call or respond via email as soon as possible if you would like to be place on our order list. "

There may be transparency with the delivery process, but not in the ordering process! Nissan is managing the entire process where GM is letting the dealers run wild! It seems to me that the if you have not already placed an order for one, no Volt for you until 2012 at least in this case!

Timaz said:
There may be transparency with the delivery process, but not in the ordering process! Nissan is managing the entire process where GM is letting the dealers run wild! It seems to me that the if you have not already placed an order for one, no Volt for you until 2012 at least in this case!
Actually, it is somewhat different. Each dealer has a "quota". There are some dealers who have more people than their quota and some others who have less. If you call around you can find some who have not filled their quota for 2011.

Rydel here is a big dealership and is selling a good number of Volts (that is where my neighbor got his a couple of weeks ago). They are selling at $500 off MSRP currently. Apparently their allotment is sold out through March at this point. They too are putting people on a list and it is first come, first served. No deposit required. They do presently have one fully optioned that they are keeping as a demonstrator and anyone is apparently welcome to come and test drive it.

As an aside, I have enough time in his now to say that the way to drive it, IMHO, is in L-S. In that mode it is a lot of fun to drive and gives great regeneration and response.

Timaz said:
I just wanted to share some perspective with the Leaf community on their current order and delivery situation. I made an inquiry from a dealer in one of their 7 initial delivery markets/states and this is the answer I received:

Back