Quick survey for So Cal residents

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prberg

Hi All,

Burbank Water and Power is asking for a little feedback about their public charging infastructure.

If you have a few minutes can you take this quick survey (should be less than 5 minutes)? They want to expand their public chargers and are looking for feedback from EV drivers.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/5S2TJYF

thanks all!

-Peter

Valdemar said:
Their public charging infrastructure is overpriced and it sets a bad example.

I haven't been to Burbank lately. What type of units do they have and what do they bill to use it?

I could understand your comment if they were billing something like $5 per hour for Level 2, but $2 per hour doesn't cover their costs...I think the problem is that we've all been spoiled with government or subsidy money for public charging and people don't know what the actual cost to provide the service really is.

I'm thankful when someone makes their charging free or subsidizes a chunk of the cost, but I don't think we have the right to expect it...

They still lose money one way or another, and who knows if the cost was lower more people would use the stations so net profit would be higher, even if still negative.

A lot of malls and places just do it as part of a service, because one, they get the Clipper Creeks and install for free as part of state initiatives, etc and for just bringing in customers...

But when I see places charging full rates + parking, etc,etc.. hmm. Anyways.. Done.

And BTW, last I charged at Sports Chalet in Burbank, it was $1/hr

Chargepoint shows $2/hr for that particular station, odd. $1/hr is reasonable. I also don't understand why so few locations bill per actual kWh used, as billing by time is not a fair model considering charging speed differences between makes and models.

Valdemar said:
Chargepoint shows $2/hr for that particular station, odd. $1/hr is reasonable. I also don't understand why so few locations bill per actual kWh used, as billing by time is not a fair model considering charging speed differences between makes and models.

i agree!! have always been a fan of charging pickup drivers $2 for gas while Prius drivers pay $4!!

but seriously, why does per kwh billing get so much favor? timed billing is better in all respects.

as charging rates slow down, people have to consider whether its worth it to get that extra kwh at double the cost. something you might want them to think if you are 3rd in line behind him.

also, we pay a hybrid premium to go farther on that gas and i paid extra for a faster charger so why should i pay the same for power that someone who chose to save money and stick with the 3.3?

sorry but the pay per kwh logic is weak because it uses "hydrocarbon" logic and we all know where THAT got us

The more powerful charger gives you a convenience of waiting less for the same range gain as compared to 3.3. If that isn't a good reason to pay a premium for it I'm not sure what is. Being able to get cheaper electrons at per hr charging stations is icing on the cake.

Valdemar said:
The more powerful charger gives you a convenience of waiting less for the same range gain as compared to 3.3. If that isn't a good reason to pay a premium for it I'm not sure what is. Being able to get cheaper electrons at per hr charging stations is the icing on the cake.

that logic requires us to accept waiting in line behind someone who has chosen NOT to pay for the faster charge rate which would be a somewhat logical choice because there is no financial incentive to do so. he is paying the same whether he gets it slowly or quickly so that "my time is valuable" argument cuts the other way too.

in a world when you are alone, your argument works.

Back