Quick Electric Transportation Campaign survey

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evchels

Hi all,

I’ve been helping the Edison Electric Institute (EEI -an association representing the shareholder-owned electric utilities in the US), plan a community-oriented campaign to generate consumer interest about the benefits of plug-in vehicles and using electricity as a transportation fuel.

Specifically, the project aims to capture and convey the real-world, emotionally-connected experiences of driving plug-in vehicles- the fun, cool, convenient aspects you all know so well and tell your friends about. In late July, I asked you all to complete a survey about those favorite features (thread here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9471&p=213553#p213553). In addition, we've conducted live focus groups and a ton of additional research into online conversations about electric cars, media coverage, etc. All of that has gone into the crafting of a campaign "story" that we hope amplifies your EV driving experiences and helps spread them to the next generation of drivers.

We're heading into the "fun part"- graphic elements, fleshing out the website, specific messaging, etc., and want to check back in with you all for more input. This survey focuses on the campaign name, which will also influence tone and other elements. After a few internal rounds of feedback from various stakeholders, we've narrowed it to three- so this survey is much quicker than the last! :)

This survey will be live through Friday, 10/26: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/electricfuel

As always, I look forward to any feedback or questions, and appreciate your time!

chels.

Done. I certainly had a clear preference!

Frankly, I'm surprised electric utilities have not done much more marketing in this area, so it's good to see movement on this front. It takes quite a bit of communication for people to get beyond popular misconceptions!

Like Reg, I think if utilities step up to market EVs, people will see the cars as more legitimate. After all, your local utility is where you'll be getting the majority of your electric 'fuel'.

The electric generation plugs in proudly! :D

ok

"Electric Generation" fail. the word "generation" to me denote a distinct period with a beginning and an end. so are we going for another 5 year foray into EVs and them dumping them with a change in legislation again?

"Switch" simple, straight forward, quick. but the move to EVs is not. EVs are not a mature technology. they have a long way to go but the current offerings are great options for filling large niches in the personal transportation field right now.

the industry already suffers from the "it wont work for EVERYTHING I want to do" crowd. and EVs shouldnt. but what about the "it does work for 90% of what I want to do?"

so, I guess you might be able to guess what I liked most. now, i coined a slogan back when I started driving Priuses but the slogan fits the LEAF just as well

Driving The Future of Automotive Technology Today!!

Back