Quick Charge Power shuts down

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

Folks, I have decided to not pursue this idea further. Many factors come into play, but first and foremost is that I would be spending a lot more of my money and my uncompensated time. There are many other reasons, and some of those are associated directly with this site.

Obviously, we all "met" through this site, and I can't guarantee my continued access to it. In addition, there have been a number of quite stark attacks on my character on this site, the most critical suggesting I might not handle your money properly. Both of these issues obviously would inhibit future opportunities to raise capital and conduct business. Since I have already spent many thousands of dollars on this project, my money is now lost, but I won't risk your money given the circumstances.

The recent shut down of one of the chargers we expected to acquire, at 3993 N. Sierra, San Bernadino is not related to my actions today. It was shut down before today.

I absolutely have enjoyed the planning and work that I started exactly one year ago toward this goal. I will keep a DC Chademo at my house, which I'm sure will come in handy as my LEAF continues its downhill battery slide.

Thank you all for your pledges, and I will send out an email to each of you.

Tony

Separately, we have access to funding to operate these units at "full" power. We don't want these units to get shut down for good, as the current host does not wish to pay for this.

Hopefully, those of us paying attention know that any fees collected for charging will NOT pay to keep these operational. Unfortunately, there is a perception that somehow the host benefits from a DC charger more than you benefit by having one to use. That is not the case at these sites.

FairwoodRed said:
I'm not in California, but I'll pledge $200.

Awesome. By the way, we will meet this goal; I won't let it fail.

After you post here, please email me your name, address, phone number, and pledge amount, so that I can follow up with when and where to send the money.

Thanks everybody,

TonyWilliams -at- LoveMyLEAF -dot- com

kevin672 said:
Have you looked into Kickstarter? Sounds like something that would work there.

Well, this is the teeny tiny pledge drive :mrgreen: There's a bit of a time constraint here, which eliminates a lot of sources.

The next drive will be more substantial. I'll check it out.

Tony

Another out of state $1000 pledge!!! Thank you!

$2800 raised in less than 24 hours :mrgreen:

As I told him, I hope to be able to share any successes that we have with anybody who would like to duplicate my effort outside California.

Tony

I wish I could pledge more, but for now, I'm in for $100. Perhaps later I can raise that by much more, but I can't promise anything.

Also, Indiegogo is the site you want to use to raise money. Not Kickstarter, they don't do charity/donations. Anyone who reads The Oatmeal will be familiar with Indiegogo; this is the site that the comic used to raise money for "a goddamn Tesla museum." Also the site used to raise money in Operation Bear Love Good, Cancer Bad (which is such an amazing story that if you haven't heard it I couldn't possibly summarize it here, but it involves people giving to charity to say F.U. to an obnoxious lawyer).

madhaus said:
I wish I could pledge more, but for now, I'm in for $100. Perhaps later I can raise that by much more, but I can't promise anything.

Also, Indiegogo is the site you want to use to raise money.

Thank you! I'll check out that site for round two of funding.

Tony

Back