Quick Charge Power - JAMP JR EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few quick questions:
1) Will this fit in the Nissan L1 EVSE bag? (I've got a 2012, so I've got the one with the bulky box.)
2) Just to clarify, there's no way to down-rate this for use on smaller circuits, correct? For example, if I buy a Model 32-40, there's no way to safely plug that into a 20A circuit?
3) The OP says March 1 availability -- I take it that's been delayed? (My apologies if that's been addressed and I missed it.) It'll be awhile before I can pick one up, but this appeals to me a little more than getting the L1 EVSE upgraded.
Thanks!

ishiyakazuo said:
A few quick questions:
1) Will this fit in the Nissan L1 EVSE bag? (I've got a 2012, so I've got the one with the bulky box.)
2) Just to clarify, there's no way to down-rate this for use on smaller circuits, correct? For example, if I buy a Model 32-40, there's no way to safely plug that into a 20A circuit?
3) The OP says March 1 availability -- I take it that's been delayed? (My apologies if that's been addressed and I missed it.) It'll be awhile before I can pick one up, but this appeals to me a little more than getting the L1 EVSE upgraded.
Thanks!

Yes, delayed launch.

No way to adjust current.

It might fit in the bag, but it would be tight. It's designed to be a wall mount.

I'm a new poster from the Rav4 EV forum, and just wanted to chime in re. my experience with Tony at Quick Charge Power, and my Jesla. I bought one about 1 1/2 years ago, and installed a 50 amp NEMA 14-50 outlet, to future-proof. I was extremely happy with my charging solution, until 2 weeks ago, when the Jesla stopped working. :eek: The Tesla charging part gave me the dreaded dull red light (vs the normal happy green light), and on the Tesla forums, it's apparently not uncommon for this to happen. I emailed Tony, even though it was already over a year old, and he very graciously said he'd take a look at it. 1 week later, my Jesla is fully functional, and all is good again! :D Thanks to Tony and the Quick Charge Power folks, who stand by their work, even out of warranty! Kudos to you for your quick response and backing up your products!

I'd just to like to chime in on the Jesla. Tony was very responsive to my order and when I found a discount for membership in the Electric Auto Assoc. he gave me the discount even though I'd already ordered it. It's been worth it to us and allowed us to use our Leaf in trips out of the San Joaquin Valley--where we are very poorly served by DCFC stations.

Paul Gipe

Back