Quick Charge Port

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From your posts, it looks like you already got a Leaf S. If so, the answer is: you can't.

Are there a lot of CHAdeMO stations in your area? Can you update your location info via User Control Panel (near top) > Profile (left side)? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it. It seems that you're somewhere in TX?

TomT said:
There is no provision for adding one after the fact. Sorry, but it just isn't reasonably possible...

pauldesr said:
There is space next to my regular charging port for the quick charge port.
It's not just a question of space. Too many components would have to be replaced to make this work. At least that was the case with 2012/2011 cars. Although nobody did this research for 2013 LEAFs yet, I wound be surprised to hear that it was either inexpensive or easy.

And if you trade for an S with the Charge Package you get the faster on-board charger and the backup camera as a bonus.

(Or, of course, you could trade up to an SV or SL. All those things come standard on the SL. For the SV the faster charger is standard but the QC port and the backup camera are parts of two separate option packages.)

Ray

I'm in Dallas, TX as well and I can only find a couple of quick charge locations in the entire metroplex. I haven't bought my leaf yet but I plan to, and a charge port isn't that important for me.

USSValor said:
I'm in Dallas, TX as well and I can only find a couple of quick charge locations in the entire metroplex. I haven't bought my leaf yet but I plan to, and a charge port isn't that important for me.

I live in the far north region of Dallas. I've had my car for over a year now and I've only used the quick charge port once. BUT I work from home and have a very small range requirement for my daily driving.

Back