Question about tire pressure alert

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirLeaf

Hello all,

RE: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBZhsUvuI0M[/youtube]

... This video talks about turning on you car's power but not putting it in the ready to drive position. Huh? :roll:

Can someone please clarify? Thank you.

SirLeaf

Pushing the Power button once without your foot on the brake puts the car in ACC mode which will power the NAV and radio; two pushes is 'On' which lights up the dash.

LEAFfan said:
Pushing the Power button once without your foot on the brake puts the car in ACC mode which will power the NAV and radio; two pushes is 'On' which lights up the dash.

So technically, you could drive the car without putting your foot on the brake, by simply pressing the power button twice?

Thank you!

SirLeaf said:
So technically, you could drive the car without putting your foot on the brake, by simply pressing the power button twice?
No. The manual makes a distinction between "On" (pushing the on button twice without brake depressed) and "Ready" (pushing the on button with the brake depressed). In the "On" position, the "ready to drive indicator light" on the dash remains off.

If you try to drive, the car will only go into "N". From there you should be able to "push" or roll the car. This also happens if the charging cord is attached. However, watch out, one forum member reported that they almost pulled the cord out of the wall when the car rolled back on a sloped driveway.
Reddy

LEAFfan said:

that is the best explanation of the power switch that I have seen.
the manual is translated from ancient sanskrit.

Back