Question about buying older Leaf with degraded battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leafabout said:
Hope this isn't too far off the topic, but does anyone know if I can have the 107 mi. battery that is currently in the new Leafs put into my 2013 Leaf? I have no problems at the moment. I'm just thinking what I might need down the road.

Officially no. But that are a few enterprising forum members who might be willing to try it.

leaftryer said:
The garage door wouldn't normally be used while the car is charging because there is only one car that would be going in and out of the garage.
She can be instructed to not charge and do laundry at the same time. It would be easy to avoid those issues if the car can be set automatically charge late at night when nobody would be using the washer or opening the garage door.
It could also be set up to use the same physical outlet so the car cannot be charged unless the washer is unplugged from the outlet.

My house is 40 years old and my frig and washer and dryer and garage door opener are all in the garage. I use 110 trickle charge every night when I get home from 6pm until I leave at roughly 7:30am and I only have 50 GOM, I drive to John Wayne airport every day Mon-Fri (32 miles round trip) and I usually have 10 GOM left and I drive fast ! No issues and it takes that long to charge my car ! Oh and I run all my **** in my garage while I charge my car and no issues so far. But my hubby will pop the breakers if he tries running his air compressor while my car charges so he doesn't ;)

S

You can run too high a load for safety and still not trip a breaker or blow a fuse, because fully loading a circuit for many hours is possible but not safe - that's why the 80% rule exists when sizing circuits for things like charging stations.

Back