Programmed heating vs Iphone trigged heating

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ve2maa

I don't know if that's a problem or a normal behavior ...

If I start a pre-heating using my iphone, 15 min later, my car is WARM and comfortable !

If I program an automatic pre-heating with the car settings, 15 min after the pre-heating begins, the car is "barely" warmer than before...

Is there a difference in the way the Leaf deals with those 2 pre-heating methods ?

ve2maa said:
I don't know if that's a problem or a normal behavior ...

If I start a pre-heating using my iphone, 15 min later, my car is WARM and comfortable !

If I program an automatic pre-heating with the car settings, 15 min after the pre-heating begins, the car is "barely" warmer than before...

Is there a difference in the way the Leaf deals with those 2 pre-heating methods ?

Just to double check your understanding of the car settings pre-heat: when you program in the time to the car, you are setting the DEPARTURE time, not the START heating time. I'm not sure exactly how long after the scheduled departure time the system shuts off, but it's possible that it does so shortly after the scheduled departure time. So for example if you programmed your timer for 7:45am expecting to leave at 8:00am, it may be that it warmed up the car perfectly at 7:45am and then shut off when you didn't actually leave, so that at 8:00am the cabin temp has cooled off.

I don't use the climate timer personally since my use of the car is irregular, but I have it set up for my wife who does depart on a regular schedule and she's told me it seems to be working great. Although around here our temps are not too cold right now.

If you get in the car IMMEDIATELY after your timer preset, it's pretty warm. I'm sticking with the timer-based preheat (don't have to remember to fire-up the iPhone), but I plan my departure to coincide with the timer setting.

Back